Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got #4085 back from the dealer from getting trunk paint fixed.Now I noticed the paint under the hood scoop is worn off.Does anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Even the regular GTs have this problem.
I've not seen it on any other color than black.

Mine's geeting fixed as soon as the damn body shop returns my damn calls!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
How does the "grill" for the scoop come out? Does it just pull out. I have too scared to yank on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where exactly should I be looking for paint problems on my Black Bullitt ? I haven't seen any problems yet but I just want to be sure that I'm looking in the right spots.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JayP are you getting it fixed under your warranty.Do you think once its painted it will happen some time in the future.I wonder if there is some kind of epoxy they can put on scoop to attach it better then paint it.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I also have a black Bullitt #4995. I have not experience any paint problems period. Maybe I am lucky?

If yours can be touched up and wet sanded, it would be better then painting the entire hood. It could look worse? I am not trying to scare you, but from past experiences with top notch body shops, and still I have run into problems. Just a thought, and my personal opinion. Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You must be lucky 4995 my paint has little scratches all over it.Plus the trunk had some dirt in the paint.I think maybe they did wet sand that.I'll ask the dealer when i take it about what there going to do.Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I too have a black bullitt, #4203.
This car has the best factory paint job I've ever seen. Very, Very little orangepeel. Looks almost like its been wet sanded.
Slick Black glass. I could not be happier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had black Bullitt #4154 for a little over a month. I love the car but in the mean time I have noticed two dull spots on either side of the hood, and a lot of fine scratches on the trunk lid. I bought the car out of state and would like to get these fixed under warranty but I'm not to sure if its worth it or if a local dealer would actually do the work under warranty since I didn't purchase the car from them. What is your feelings about this?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had black Bullitt #140 since May. When I was waxing her for the first time last month, I noticed a small chip on the hood under the edge of the scoop. It is not bad, but can be seen down to the primer. I rubbed my fingernail on it to see if it had a good edge, but it looks like the clear coat made it over the chip. I am considering some touch up paint, but I am also thinking of leaving it alone. Thoughts would be appreciated. No other real complaints to speak of save some minor scratches and dull spots which I guess I accepted when I got another black car, even though I said I would never do it again. It was just too sexy to walk away from.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My DkHldGrn has alot of "fallout" blobs in the paint left front qrtr, and what looks like shipping strap damage accross the hood .5" wide through the clear coat. dealer tried to buff out, still has pits through the primer.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes,DHG #2989 has the same problem.On the passenger side of the hood scoop their is a line where the primer is showing,Looks like the scoop is rubbing the paint off of the hood!I do not want the hood repainted because in past experience it has always looked worse after a repaint.What I will probably do is when they replace the insulation under the hood where it has rubbed bare I will have the dealer remove the scoop and just touch up that area,I think that it will look better that way.

·
Registered
229 Posts
4154, there should be no problem taking it to any Ford dealer in the country. It's a FACTORY warranty, not a dealer warranty. The dealer is reimbursed by the factory.

·
Registered
229 Posts
4154, there should be no problem taking it to any Ford dealer in the country. It's a FACTORY warranty, not a dealer warranty. The dealer is reimbursed by the factory.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, I washed #4808 (black) for the first time today and got a good look at the paint in direct sunlight and was VERY disappointed. There are multiple places all over the car where it looks like paint repairs were made. In all the places there are extremely bad swirl marks like a high speed buffer might make (just guessing, I'm no body shop expert). The most disturbing spot is on the rear passenger fender where there is an area about 8 inches in diameter where the paint doesn't even look the same shade of black as the rest of the car. Needless to say, the dealership is getting a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guyz,

I too have the rippled paint on the back bumper. Minor scratches and dull spots on the passenger side too. This is my first American car. I'm not complaining (yet) 'cause the sound and the fury keep me happy!!
efb

·
Registered
448 Posts
Guess I'm another of the lucky ones, because I gave mine it's first detailing yesterday, and it is absolutely beautiful! Looks better than when I drove it off of the lot, and I didn't find any paint problems whatsoever. :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
31 Posts
TOOK #1721 TO DEALERSHIP YESTERDAY BECAUSE NO
MATTER WHAT I TRIED I COULDN'T GET WATER SPOTS OFF OF THE BLACK PAINT. IT LOOKED LIKE THE SPOTS WERE UNDER THE CLEARCOAT. WELL, IT WAS ACCORDING TO MY DEALER..ACID RAIN? THEY ARE COVERING IT UNDER THE WARRANTY AND RE-PAINTING THE CAR. HATE TO HAVE THEM REPAINT BUT IT NEEDS IT. THEY ALSO DECIDED TO CHANGED MY HEADLIGHTS DUE TO SPOTTING. ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PAINT PROBLEM?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts