Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Back in '90. I purchased a 5.0 GT, new, at a local dealership. When the car was clean, you could tell a differnce in the paint on the driver's side rear quarter. I even had a couple of mechanics who worked on the car ask me if it had been wrecked. Remember, this car was sold new. I was much younger and liked the car so I never made a deal out of it. Even when I went to trade it in 4 years later, the new dealer said "this cars been painted". Told him that was the way Ford sold it to me.

I think it is a fairly common practice for car manufacturers to sell cars that have had body/paint repair as new. There was a famous case, concerning a BMW, here in Alabama where a guy sued and won about $2 Million because the car had paint work done and was sold as new.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yea. It was later reduced on appeal. The reason it got so much press was the size of the award. It wasn't like the guy was hurt. Unfortunately, Alabama is famous for being a friendly state to sue in. We get some crazy judgements. I think it was Motorola that got hit for about $1 Billion because they were accused of charging poor people too much for satellite dishes. There is one county, in the southern part of the state, that is particularly infamous. Many wealthy plaintiff's attorneys are made here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts