Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought any type of clear bra for the front bumper and/or the hood? I am looking into this stuff and just wondering how it works. Also, if anyone has any suggestions on where to buy from and good prices for the stuff.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
When I bought #0005 it had the 3M film on it that was applied way back in 2001. The film has done a great job of protecting the paint underneath it. It covers most of the front bumper and was on the front 4" of the hood as well...I say was because one of my cats used up 7 of it's lives one night when it got out into the garage and jumped on the hood and then proceeded to jump to the windowsill from the hood. Luckilly (for the cat) it's rear paws were on the film at the front of the hood when it leaped. This is how I know the film worked-the film was cut by the cats claws pretty badly, in fact I swore that it went through to the paint. I proceeded to remove that strip of film and low & behold, no scratch on the hood. There is no doubt in my mind that if the cat had taken off from the paint she would have scratched down to metal. At the very least it would have been a nasty scratch. So that plus seeing how well the front bumper looked after the 1300 mile drive from Alabama in May convinced me that the film is worth the money. I am going to replace the strip that I had to remove before too long. If you search using 3M film as your keywords you'll get a bunch of hits on the web......Hope this helps....John R

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll need to get your car or your bumper and hood repainted before you install the 3m though. I think all the little chips stand out like sore thumbs when you apply i, But I'm not 100% on that.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Black4592 said:
I'm pretty sure you'll need to get your car or your bumper and hood repainted before you install the 3m though. I think all the little chips stand out like sore thumbs when you apply i, But I'm not 100% on that.

That's a good point. The reason I want to get the replacement piece that the cat ruined soon is so I dont get a real scratch anywhere that the film would go.....John R

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
x2 - Love the stuff, had a custom job done on the rockers, hood & nose of the ROUSH when it was new, it's done a great job :)

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
I partially have it on mine. The stock hood has it, but the Cobra R hood does not - and it shows (lots of rock chips). It helps out big time. I definitely recommend it. I believe mine is the 3M Clearbra, and it was installed at/by the Ford dealership.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Bullitt2436KM said:
where did you guys buy the film and how much did it cost
Installed by 3m Clearbra installer/dealer $1100.00

I wouldn't advice you try to installed it yourself, it takes alot of practice and extra material (which isn't cheap) to make it look right.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
FordFan said:
Installed by 3m Clearbra installer/dealer $1100.00

I wouldn't advice you try to installed it yourself, it takes alot of practice and extra material (which isn't cheap) to make it look right.
+1 Mucho expensive and is highly recommended that it is installed by a pro. Why not get a regular high quality bra and use it to cruise around in then take it off for shows?? I think I'm going to head that direction eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts