Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a very good car paint shop in the LA area? Preferably Long Beach/North Orange County/South Bay areas.
Need to paint my other car (Marauder) with serious paint blisters! :evil:

PR :rolling:

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Blake & Nation in Orange has always done wonderful work for me. Not custom work necessarily, but Don Blake knows his stuff.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RCSignals said:
Blisters?
Yeah, it appears to have happened to a lot of other MM owners and a serious flaw of the vehicle/Ford. Little white "eruptions" the size of a tick, spreading and growing on the hood, trunk and roof. I'm concerned because eventually it will chip/flake/rust. :mad:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jim253 said:
Blake & Nation in Orange has always done wonderful work for me. Not custom work necessarily, but Don Blake knows his stuff.
I called them Jim but they were a little pricey.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Sorry they didn't work out Dutch, but they really do a very good job. They've been my first choice for damn! 25 years now. I had a black '86 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe that got whacked in the right front corner - the thing looked better than showroom when I got it back.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jim253 said:
Sorry they didn't work out Dutch, but they really do a very good job. They've been my first choice for damn! 25 years now. I had a black '86 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe that got whacked in the right front corner - the thing looked better than showroom when I got it back.
I'm sure they're very good. He quoted me $6K (they would keep the car for 4 weeks) and even up to 3X as much, but couldn't guarantee that the blisters would eventually return?? $6K for a paint job?! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Wow! That does seem pricey. I haven't looked for a paint job in a while, I guess. Sorry, Dutch!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I got a guy up here in Oxnard that charges around the same but does great work...He painted both bumpers on the Bullitt....Dutch, could it be your clear coat is lifting/cracking???? I have the clear starting to crack on my Contour SVT, but its ten years old and I drive it 80 miles round trip each day, so I'm not really worried about it....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pronkie1 said:
I got a guy up here in Oxnard that charges around the same but does great work...He painted both bumpers on the Bullitt....Dutch, could it be your clear coat is lifting/cracking???? I have the clear starting to crack on my Contour SVT, but its ten years old and I drive it 80 miles round trip each day, so I'm not really worried about it....
Pretty sure it's the paint - a problem with many other Marauders.
I alternate driving the MM about 3:1 with the B which is why I'm going to ignore it for the time being.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts