Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a local paint shop...say in Arlington or Mansfield area. I dont think i need a complete re-paint...just want to get all the rock chips fixed....an that kinda stuff...who would you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
While were at it.... I could really use one around the Houston area. I could really use a full body paint with some minor body work.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Northeast Paint and Body on Maplewood in North Richland Hills. Fixed up M.E.'s old Buick years ago and my Capri before I sold it.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
steelfalcon29 said:
While were at it.... I could really use one around the Houston area. I could really use a full body paint with some minor body work.

Hi...ya.....Buck.......i didnt see that you needed body work......all though Wayne kept me in beer all the time....could have been that...huh:lol: .....see ya......

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DavidMidgley said:
Northeast Paint and Body on Maplewood in North Richland Hills. Fixed up M.E.'s old Buick years ago and my Capri before I sold it.

Thanks....MidgeMan...but i would rather stay closer to my area.....ya know.......

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
When we went to your house last year for a GTG. I saw a shop on the right side on my way home, before I got to Mansfield. It was on a right hand curve. Did you check with them? That's just down the street a couple miles maybe from you. I stopped and looked at some cars they had out front at the time, and they looked pretty decent. A white right hand drive Mini (old version 1). And some hot rods that had been regular sedans at one time. I'm pretty sure it's a P & B shop.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David...i guess i am brain dead:lol: ...i cant think of any place like you are talking about.

Greg....thanks...i had not thought of that place.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Terry seems to like Texan Ford's body shop. It is on Cooper and Eden.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had thought of Texan cause i had them do some paint work some years ago but it was minor stuff...thanks Dee.....

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone used Maaco for any paint work?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
dg517 said:
Has anyone used Maaco for any paint work?
My brother did on his 79 F-150 restoration project a couple years ago. I would say they did just slightly better than OK.:surprised The downside is they use their own paint or something as the color is off from the original. The dark emerald green metallic and the light emerald green were not exact replicas of the Ford colors.:cry: I know that replacement paint is often off. But this was off by several shades.:shock: :mad:

Of course there are hundreds of shades of white or any other color. But there is only one gloss shade of black. So you maybe safe going there.:doubt:

·
Registered
722 Posts
maaco??? to me u get what u pay for I would pass on them dennis..JMHO..:doubt:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the heads up on maaco...

·
Registered
87 Posts
stay away from maaco!! their paint jobs are cost more than they advertise and the paint starts to flake off after a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Nichols ford at 287 and 820 did the work both times for us. Excellent work and lifetime paint guarantee. Their repair shop is not at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info...Tony and Dan...i appreciate it......

·
Registered
262 Posts
The great thing about Maaco is that if you don't like the paint job you can simply wash it off!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts