Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am giving #3737 its first wax job and noticed running ponies missing on the rear red brake calipers!! Am I a moron, or am I supposed to have four?

DHG #3737
K&N Air Filtercharger
MGW Precision A/C Knobs, Eject Cigarette Lighter, Headlight Knob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jdtarch on 2001-08-24 13:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jesus, I thought I was rubbed by the servicing dealing yeterday whan I took the car for a brief computer flash check.....For those of us new enthusiasts, what is the design difference between the front and rear brakes? Thanks Tex!

DHG #3737
K&N Air Filtercharger
MGW Precision A/C Knobs, Eject Cigarette Lighter, Headlight Knob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jdtarch on 2001-08-24 13:56 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Not to worry. The ponies were only put on the front calipers. Mow if you had them on the REAR, then that would be something. The front are the 13" rotors with 4 piston calipers off of the Cobra (made by Brembo) and the rear I believe are the standard rear discs off the GT.
Cam

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chilli bullitt on 2001-08-24 14:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
The front calipers only get the Pony. The rear brakes (as well as the front) are from the Cobra and are larger diameter than the std GT rear brakes

·
Registered
224 Posts
*what fordbullitt said*

For kicks, I went and looked at a GT, and man are they smaller. It would be much easier to clean the wheels though...

·
Registered
451 Posts
So the front calipers AND rotors are made by Brembo? I thought it was only the rotors.

Joe

·
Registered
172 Posts
So far I still have only one running horse logo,it is on the drivers side front.The passenger side is just plain red!

·
Registered
47 Posts
nope just on the front....the difference between the brakes are that the front ones are 13inch Brembos! :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts