Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMBOC Members:

Some ideas for "You" on (Parking Aids) for the Garage:

Parking in Your Garage is Easy--Just Obey The Sign

Link to VIDEO of SIGN "Below":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vVH3ElF8Aw

Flashing LED lights let you know you've reached the perfect spot.

This garage parking helper is designed to be run into! When your bumper taps the flexible stand, bright red lights flash, letting you know you're positioned perfectly. No more worries about running into the lawnmower, bicycles and garden equipment. Also an especially helpful way to teach teens parking and driving techniques. No installation - just add batteries and set into place!

Information: Bright, red LED bulbs last for years; long-life batteries included; durable ABS plastic.

Next:

Overview

Say goodbye to that unsightly tennis ball on a string
Low voltage transformer — no batteries to change
Fits any garage
Sensor easily adjustable to change stopping position
Essential Info
Prevent costly damage to your car or your garage and park like a pro every time! The Parking Wizard™ is a wall-mounted parking assistant that illuminates a red stop light when your car reaches the perfect stopping point that you pre-determined.

Manuals/Software
Owner's Manual (79KB)
What's Included
Garage Parking Wizard

AC adapter unit

2 Mounting screws

Owner's manual

More Info

Simply hang it on the front wall where it can be easily seen by the driver, plug it into a nearby AC outlet and aim the easily-adjustable sensor lever towards the optimum stopping point, and you're ready to go. You'll never put a ding on your front fender, or have the garage door slam down on your rear fender again! AC adapter and mounting bracket included.

Specifications
Specifications

Manufacturer:
Metron Solutions
Manufacturer Product No.: ST-810
Warranty: 1 Year

NEXT:

Overview

Avoid dents in your car doors or garage walls
Laser system activates automatically when your car pulls in
Easy installation: no wiring necessary
Essential Info
Fed up with the door and fender dings on your car from pulling into your two-car garage too deep or too far to the side? Then park like a pro, every time, with the Dual Laser-Guided Parking System. Designed specifically for two-car garages, this automatic guidance system allows you to pull into the exact same spot time and time again with laser-beam accuracy! Best of all, the parking system is easy to install, requiring only a Phillips screwdriver.

Manuals/Software
Owner's Manual
What's Included
Laser base

Power cord

Mounting tape

Mounting screws

Instructions

More Info

A built-in motion sensor detects when a vehicle approaches, triggering the Laser-Guided Parking System to emit two bright, vertical laser beams from a mounting location on the ceiling. Mount the system using the included screws or double-sided tape, and adjust the individual laser beams to shine on each of the two cars in any location. When you pull in to either space, you'll know exactly where to stop, because the laser will strike the same spot on your car every time.

A Laser-Guided Parking System is also available for a single-car garage.

Specifications
Specifications

Manufacturer: Maxsa
Manufacturer Product No.: 37312
UPC: 899419000608
Dimensions: 3 5/8" x 3 3/4" x 1 3/4"
Laser Output: Less than 5mW
Wavelength: 650nM +/-10
Power: 110V AC or 4.5-volt battery
Approvals: UL listed
Warranty: 90 days, limited

NEXT:

Park Zone Platinum :

It's called Park-Zone, and it looks and acts like a space age traffic light. You've never seen anything like this before.

Think of it as a guidance-system for parking your car. It hangs on your garage wall and stops you precisely in place - at a safe, calculated distance from the wall, every time - in the park zone. This advanced detection system is, quite simply, light years ahead in sensory technology.

New product that now plugs into your wall. Never have to replace batteries. Also works on batteries that last about a year Best seller!

Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days.

Park Zone Platinum
PZPlatinumRegular price: $39.95Garage-Toys price: $26.95, 2/$49.95

Terry

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
Those are pretty swanky devices, Terry.I'm not that swanky...I just hit the front wall of the garage. It works OK.:)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I like the Stop sign........

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I use the my shop vacuum hose drapped over my table saw. When the hose starts to deflect, I stop going forward.

No electrical outlets on the front wall anyway.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cochese said:
Those are pretty swanky devices, Terry.I'm not that swanky...I just hit the front wall of the garage. It works OK.:)
Collin,

I can see you doing that now while parking these Bad Boys in the Garage::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Cochese said:
I had this friend when I was in my teens (who mebbe smoked a bit too-much weed now and again) that had a F'n Sa-WEEET '57 or '58 Ranchero, absolutely stock, absolutely UN-Restored. Beautiful car/truck. Now, whenever,...... erm.... let's call him "Johnny"..... Whenever Johnny got a bit of extra cash, it would be more-likely to be spent on a leafy-green substance, rather than car-parts or rent, or food, you know - life's little luxuries. (I didn't imbibe myself, but I liked Johnny 'cuz, well - you couldn't HELP but like Johnny; he was a nice guy)

So, even though the Ranchero was F'n Sa-WEEET, it didn't have much in the way of "modern rubber", or Brakes........... so Johnny would stop the car by driving gently into his driveway, and gently would cut the ignition and let it roll to a stop (very gently) against a large Maple tree. Did it for close to two years, had these very-tiny scratches in the chrome bumper, but no "real" damage. Until one day, when he passed-out (from drinking I assume) JUST as he was turning-into his driveway. Well, the car/truck knew its spot, and was apparently "eager" to get there - but a bit TOO eager it seems........

The bumper could have been used for a large horse-shoe after that. Or the radiator - if it hadn't been cut-up so badly.

I was sick over it when I first spied the damage. I had offered to buy the car since I first saw it, but Johnny would never budge. I even offered after seeing the damage (but of course - at a lower amount!), but Johnny still wouldn't budge. Then one day, I drove by his place, the Ranchero was gone. I enquired about it through his cousin - Johnny had got in a bit of a tight spot, (long, dry run without weed, I presumed) and had sold the car. For $250.00. My "low bid" had been $4500.00. (this is 15-years ago)

I still shake my head to this day, whenever I think of that car/truck. Literally, all that car needed (before the "tree incident") to be a show-quality "survivor car" was mebbe an engine-compartment detail, a few chrome bits, a new seat-cover, and the paint buffed-out.

In case you're wondering why I related this tale - I "free-associate" a LOT, (some say too much!) and this is what I think of whenever someone "jokes" about bump-stop-parking...............

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a Story for the Record Books................

JC2954 said:
I had this friend when I was in my teens (who mebbe smoked a bit too-much weed now and again) that had a F'n Sa-WEEET '57 or '58 Ranchero, absolutely stock, absolutely UN-Restored. Beautiful car/truck. Now, whenever,...... erm.... let's call him "Johnny"..... Whenever Johnny got a bit of extra cash, it would be more-likely to be spent on a leafy-green substance, rather than car-parts or rent, or food, you know - life's little luxuries. (I didn't imbibe myself, but I liked Johnny 'cuz, well - you couldn't HELP but like Johnny; he was a nice guy)

So, even though the Ranchero was F'n Sa-WEEET, it didn't have much in the way of "modern rubber", or Brakes........... so Johnny would stop the car by driving gently into his driveway, and gently would cut the ignition and let it roll to a stop (very gently) against a large Maple tree. Did it for close to two years, had these very-tiny scratches in the chrome bumper, but no "real" damage. Until one day, when he passed-out (from drinking I assume) JUST as he was turning-into his driveway. Well, the car/truck knew its spot, and was apparently "eager" to get there - but a bit TOO eager it seems........

The bumper could have been used for a large horse-shoe after that. Or the radiator - if it hadn't been cut-up so badly.

I was sick over it when I first spied the damage. I had offered to buy the car since I first saw it, but Johnny would never budge. I even offered after seeing the damage (but of course - at a lower amount!), but Johnny still wouldn't budge. Then one day, I drove by his place, the Ranchero was gone. I enquired about it through his cousin - Johnny had got in a bit of a tight spot, (long, dry run without weed, I presumed) and had sold the car. For $250.00. My "low bid" had been $4500.00. (this is 15-years ago)

I still shake my head to this day, whenever I think of that car/truck. Literally, all that car needed (before the "tree incident") to be a show-quality "survivor car" was mebbe an engine-compartment detail, a few chrome bits, a new seat-cover, and the paint buffed-out.

In case you're wondering why I related this tale - I "free-associate" a LOT, (some say too much!) and this is what I think of whenever someone "jokes" about bump-stop-parking...............
Now that is what I call a Very Interesting Story if I ever have in My Entire Life heard one before.

Only here on IMBOC will one find the Greatest Story tellers of All-Time.

Terry

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,822 Posts
Retro solution?

DavidMidgley said:
I use the my shop vacuum hose drapped over my table saw. When the hose starts to deflect, I stop going forward.

No electrical outlets on the front wall anyway.
Why couldn't we just attach NOS '57 Chevy "Dagmar" rubber bumper bullets to the front of our car, then just hit the wall and bounce off?:rotfl:

·
40,822 Posts
Curb finders?

CVA said:
Two by four on the floor works well as does a tennis ball on a string attached to the ceiling. Line'em up any way you like.
Back in the good ol' days my dad had a '57 Mercury and he added a set of "curb finders" to it. I wonder if they still make those things? They attached to the bottom rear of the front quarter panel, just behind the wheel well and were made of metal and spring loaded. When they hit something they simply scraped and got your attention. A lot of people put them on, though, just because they "looked cool." :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Here is my low-tech parking aid! And if I miss, the crash barrier will protect me. :D

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I don't need no stinking parking aids!!!!

I NEED A GARAGE!!!!

:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:
:eek: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :eek:
:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :doubt:

·
40,822 Posts
Official Possum Lodge Approval

BB2008 said:
Here is my low-tech parking aid! And if I miss, the crash barrier will protect me. :D

Ken, somewhere in Canada, a man named "Red Green" is smiling from ear to ear! :lol: :rotfl: :hyper2: :lol: :hyper2: :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.