Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Bullitt got hit today for the first time in the parking lot at work. Scuffed up the right front bumper & chewed throught the paint to the plastic in two spots. I think I found the car that did it (green Corolla), but the cop said without a witness seeing them hit the Bullitt, there's no way to prove they did so, even though the marks line up. We'll see what happens. Actually, I'm not too pissed off. At least it was just plastic; I think I'd be much madder if the sheetmetal had been damaged. I guess I've been hit too many times to get excited.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
rancor: I am sooo sorry to hear about your parking lot incident! Find a good body shop and you won't even be able to tell the difference after she is all done. We had the trunk repainted and you can't notice a thing!

On the news here today some 16 year old kid on drugs and/or alcohol stole a blue Mustang (didn't say what year) and went into an apartment complex and was running into 4 parked cars there at 1:00 a.m. The K9 unit caught him and they towed the Mustang off
:sad:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
That's right, BOB! Not only me on the rampage, but my old man too! Hubby gets even, and I mean even! As he always says, "Paybacks are a son of a b****"!!! :-B

One time years ago, we had an 80 RX7. Someone witnessed it getting hit in a parking lot as we were in the store. The got a partial plate # and saw the direction it went. We got in the car and went in the approximate direction and about 3 days later, saw it parked at the bar (where we knew we would see it sooner or later). We called police and they took a paint sample from his car. It matched up. All they did was gave him a hit and run ticket and he never ended up paying it as he moved out of town! All that detective work for nothing! :evil: I was sort of glad, tho, that we didn't find that guy right off as hubby may have spent the night in jail that night!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Did the cop even talk to the Corolla's owner? I know in Ohio you can only be charged with hit-skip and reckless op on private property like a parking lot. If everything matches up he could go to the owner and ask for the truth and tell him he won't be cited just his insurance have to foot the bill but if he lies and the officer finds out he would be charged with hit skip.
Usually works for me!
Cam

·
Registered
762 Posts
I would be really upset personally. The day I purchased my Bullitt I noticed two small scratches on the lower part of the driver's door. It apparently was the result of careless handlers on the lot. I let the dealer's body shop take care of it and in return they gave me back my car with touch up paint applied. I was very unhappy bu I decided to let it go because I have never had good luck with dealer bodyshops. In another example, before I shipped the car I had the Cobra tailights put on so that my car would have the mandatory amber turn signals for use in Europe and the tech gouged my rear bumper!!! I was tad bit upset if you know what I mean. This time I took it to the general manager who of course apologized and offered to paint it. I said only if it's a 100% match. Long story short it wasn't. Again they tried the ol' touch up trick. I said no way and luckily for me (perhaps not for the future buyer) there was another DHG on the lot that had just arrived. I got that bumper put on my car and watched them do it just to make sure. My advice to you is this, check for color match under flourescent and natural lighting, check for overspray on the whole car, and never walk away taking there word that they did the best they could do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts