Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:smile: ,

My dad is now in the US so I thought that I would use him to bring me some mods for my B so I can cut the customs. MRT have a moving sale and I was thinking about the tri ax short shifter and steeda UD pullies.
I will order a Tri-Ax Shifter for TR3650 but I don´t know the part number on the underdrive pullies. I think the part number for our car is 701-0002, but MRT only has 701-0001 and 701-0003 but they say it is for the Bullitt

"701-0001 3pc Underdrive pulley kit for 96 to early 01 (LWP) Mustang GT, Bullitt and Cobra " and

"701-0003 3pc underdrive pulley kit for late 01-04 (SWP) Mustang GT and Bullitt "

So, do you know wich one it is?:doubt:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
From the talk around here, you could probably email or call them up and they'll help you get the right parts!

I would highly recommend the shifter for sure!!!!!!
The pullies not as much, but still a great mod!

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I think one of the kits has a different water pump pulley? :???: The 2001 1/2 Bullitts had the smaller one (stock), if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I rather save me the 160 bucks for the under drive pullies and get me a 3:73 gears?:doubt:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I thought that the difference in pullies was that one is a innie (or flat style) and the other is an outtie ( or "bell" shape). Check the archieves. I think the mod is explained. I remember reading it here someplace. I'm at work and kinda busy. I check if I get more than a minute.

From what I read here, most people seem to get more bang for the buck on a gear change. I don't read so many posts about a pulley change with big results.:wink:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Icebullitt86 said:
Should I rather save me the 160 bucks for the under drive pullies and get me a 3:73 gears?:doubt:
yes, I would highly recommend doing this over pullies when talking bang for the buck
be sure to pick up an installation kit while your at it. This usually includes the crush sleave, bearings, and seals.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
be sure to pick up an installation kit while your at it. This usually includes the crush sleave, bearings, and seals.
Today 07:23 AM
I will probably not do the gear swap by myself, should I still get the installation kit for the mechanic?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and btw can someone give me a link to where ford racing 3:73 are fore sale. Google isn´t my friend at the moment.:redface:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts