8,327 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taylor and Green:

Taylor and Union:
Is that an oil stain in the left hand lane heading up?

Down Taylor and a hard left onto Filbert:

Filbert:

More tomorrow! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Very nice pics man, good work

looks like you picked a good day too, not much traffic I can see...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Nice pics......Thanks for sharing.......In some of the pics the Bullitt looks like it Black.....You had to been there very early because of no traffic....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Great shots Jason. I am envious. What at thrill it would be to retrace the path of THE JJZ 109 in HG 0291. :smile:

This is a pilgrimage that all BullittHeads should make at least once in their life. But... according to Mapquest Frisco is 2,909 mile away from Ottawa... :shock:

A 6,000 mile Bullitt ride... Maybe when I retire and I have enough time to make the trip, I will sell my house for gas money and head for California.

Where there is a will there is a way. I could fly down, rent a Mustang and do the route... Steve would understand. :smile:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the link to my Flickr Photostream :http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Charles go right ahead. Let me know if you need the larger file, as I reduced these to 40% of their original size. I'm very flattered by you nice comments and fortunate to live where I do. I understand that many would love to do what I have been able to do but in these times it may be considered a real luxury (I did use a good amount of gas).

Mike and Pronkie, yes I got started at about 5:30-6ish A.M. and traffic was next to nothing!

Nate I was having a blast and just about giggling to myself! Unfortunately my buddies Chargers are Silver and a White V6!:lol:

Luc thanks, and may be one day... you never know!

So please feel free to check out my Flickr Photostream and enjoy! Cheers!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Now, from Filbert we turn right onto Larkin. Anyone lose a Dodge hubcap?:

Down Larkin which turns in to Francisco toward Laguna... but you actuallly have to turn right on Octavia then left on Bay. Damn redlight, I'll be up on that Charger in just a sec!:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Good lord man go put some gas in that Bullitt!:lol:

Great pictures!
Yeah, I had about 25 miles left in it, so I figured if worse came to worse I'd let it get down to 5 miles till empty... Don't plan on doing that again though!:lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Marina Blvd., didn't bother trying to take pics of the hard left then hard right in front of the Marina Safeway (yes it's still there!) there was just too much traffic (meaning at least one car behind me or approaching from a distance/ look at my rearview mirror!). But this would have been Frank's view, and not a bad one at that, in fact its a million/s dollar view of the Marina Greens and the Golden Gate Bridge:

What most of you, that have never visited the Marina District, don't realize is that Frank was racing in front of a million dollar view (well now it is several, several million)! Here is the stretch of the homes/mansions we didn't see Frank pass by (shot was taken in the parking lot of the Marina Greens, seen in the background of the chase):

All this racing around has made me tired! I'm sorry but I had to head home at this point!:yawn:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Starting out at the top of Clay St.. What a beautiful view of the Transamerica Pyramid (unfortunately Frank would not see this in 68 as construction on the Pyramid did not begin until 69, finishing in 72!):

Ahhh the famous corner of Clay and Taylor!:

Stop over at 1199 Clay for some groceries:

Jump back in, slap it in Reverse then 1st and a quick left to 1153 Taylor, Home Sweet Home!!!:

I should have stopped in and talked to the owner of the Mom and Pop store, he glanced over at the her and knew what I was doing. Maybe next time...

Well it was on to Chinatown for fresh pork buns! On Powell St., there was a father on the cable car that told his little daughter to "Look at the Mustang! Nice!". I think after a second he knew that he wasn't looking at just another Mustang:

I hope everyone has enjoyed looking over my photographs at least as much as I enjoyed taking them and this little adventure with my BABY! Cheers!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts