Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my first round of parts coming for #66 to get her ready for road course duty. Parts coming from Maximum Motorsports include:
Panhard bar, rear lower control arms, rear upper control arme, adjustable rear sway bar, front sway bar bushings and aluminum rack bushings.

I'm waiting on doing anything with springs untill I research all the available coilover setups out there.

also have a March Ram air kit coming which works with the stock air box.

Brian
FordBullitt #66

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-23 09:56, FordBullitt wrote:
I have my first round of parts coming for #66 to get her ready for road course duty. Parts coming from Maximum Motorsports include:
Panhard bar, rear lower control arms, rear upper control arme, adjustable rear sway bar, front sway bar bushings and aluminum rack bushings.

I'm waiting on doing anything with springs untill I research all the available coilover setups out there.

also have a March Ram air kit coming which works with the stock air box.

Brian
FordBullitt #66
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Brian,

Can you keep us up to date on the details of this effort? I'd like to hear about how things go, and specifics on costs and sources.

I am very inclined to look at getting my car on the twisties (Solo II or Tracktime), and I think you are one of the few who are going down this path (that I am aware of anyway).

Very cool. :smile:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bullittiod,
In my area at least, people are buying up the Bullitts like crazy because they are supposed to be the hot ticket in G-stock(I think it's G-Stock). In my Autocross series alone we already have three competing. I am going to get another set of wheels and some new Kumhos when my bank book recovers. I will keep you posted.

-Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Redracer: That's F-Stock, the same SCCA Solo II class as Cobras, Z-28s and TransAms. What region are you in?

I recently sold my '96 GT which I autocrossed in FS in New England Region, expecting to pick up my Bullitt soon. Unfortunately, I still don't have a VIN or build date. I miss that GT, but I keep telling myself the Bullitt will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will certainly keep people posted on how the first round of handling upgrades work out. I'll probably get it out to an autocross or 2 to get the feel of rear wheel drive again before hitting the road course.

Brian
FordBullitt #66

·
Registered
62 Posts
Russtang,
I am in the Washington DC Region but also run with Autocrossers Inc. out of Baltimore and various Porsche Club events.
How about you?
-Rob

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just picked up my car last Friday, and to a former Porsche owner the Bullitt seems to have a lot of push in the front end, and steering feel could be better. Right now I'm just playing with tire pressures (34F/32R), but still would like to free it up a little. Any suggestions? I might track it at some point, but don't want a track car and don't want to make the ride any worse than it is- the 600# front springs this thing has should be enough!

·
Registered
762 Posts
You're right about the "push" and trying the tire pressure does help. I've changed my suspension a lot with the addition of Steeda rear U/LCA's and subframe connectors with cross brace. I also swapped the stock springs for the Eibach sportlines. I'll be road testing again now that I have the Maximum Motorsport CC plates. FYI at least one person on the board has panhard bars as part of his revised suspension and it seems to be working well for him.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Things you can do to improve steering feel and performance is to go with some aluminum rack bushings, and either modify the stock steering shaft or install a solid shaft from flaming river. This will remove a lot of rubber and play from the steering and sharpen it up.

Brian

·
Registered
227 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-24 13:37, Russtang wrote:
Redracer: That's F-Stock, the same SCCA Solo II class as Cobras, Z-28s and TransAms. What region are you in?

I recently sold my '96 GT which I autocrossed in FS in New England Region, expecting to pick up my Bullitt soon. Unfortunately, I still don't have a VIN or build date. I miss that GT, but I keep telling myself the Bullitt will be worth the wait.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Russtang,
Nice looking Bullitt. I'm curious if those are 18' on the front and back. Also what size and brand tires. Is it lowered? What springs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, I'm restricted to 17x8 wheels in stock class for Solo II. They're Konigs, and weigh 21.5 lbs each, 2.5 lbs lighter than the stock Bullitt wheel. The tires are Hoosier A3S03, size 275/40-17.
The car has stock springs, so is not lowered.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How do you like that steeda bar? And how much did you pay for you rims? I also run Solo II in F-stock here in Louisiana. I just want the lightest wheel for the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry for the delay in responding. Although I haven't run many events on it yet, I like the Steeda bar so far. It doesn't cause the car to push any more than it did before, since it reduces camber change. It also improves (although doesn't eliminate) the problem I've had with the inside rear wheel spinning when I apply power on corner exits. Installation is a piece of cake, and the price is reasonable.

I got the wheels for $95/each from Discount Tire Direct. They were on clearance, the last 4 they had. A deal I couldn't refuse :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts