Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing this noise coming from the passenger door for a little while now, not a huge deal but just kind of annoying. I hear it when I go over a bump and it kind of sounds like the whole door rattles like its a little loose or something. It also only seems to happen if the window is down. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows or has any suggestions of how to fix it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If it only happens with the window down, take the door trim off, lower the window and then wiggle it and that should help you pin-point the cause of the rattle.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
does your window roll up completely and securely? as in, does it fit into the widnow rubber properly? maybe your window had come loose in the track/clamp and is making the noise... if the window does not completely roll up into the rubber fitting, it might indicate the problem.

good luck!

shaun

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the window does go up properly and seems to seal on the rubber fine. I have had the door panel off before because I had to replace the speaker over there and i tried doing that and I couldn't find anything, maybe I can try again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
my passenger side window rolls up a little to much, when the door is closed there is a gap between the rubber and the window. even with this problem there are no noises. It seems to me like the noises are coming from inside the door panel.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
microGRAM said:
my passenger side window rolls up a little to much, when the door is closed there is a gap between the rubber and the window. even with this problem there are no noises. It seems to me like the noises are coming from inside the door panel.
I've got that problem on both windows. I don't roll them up until they stop. I stop them just short.

TXBLUOVAL know how to perform the fix. He posted it a while back. Do a search of the '01 section using window and it should come up. I'm going to try and get with him this fall and try to shoot a video for people to use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts