Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking to Paul today,and he said they are hard at work on the super tune kit for the Bullitt. He said they are making 270 HP at the wheels so far!! Everything needed will be in one package,such as a updated chip,intake manifold and so on. Will find out more on my trip to Mich. next month. Maybe I won't need that Cobra crate engine yet!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Part of the Bullitt package was the 'new' intake manifold. Now I will need to buy a new one with this kit? Are there any more details?

·
Registered
124 Posts
TOO COOL!!! I want one! Can we get it without the chip so we can get one custom burned a little closer to home?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
keep us posted Mus408! after seeing the results of his 96 thru 98 Cobra upgrade......i'm anxious to see his Bullitt package.
i know this is kind of a 'lame' question but will i be able to keep my factory warranty with Paul's package?????

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
That's not a lame question at all. It's TOTALLY valid. The warrenty is the only thing that's stopping me from doing certain mods like the Vortech. I'd love to have the power, but I'd sure as hell hate to break good ol' 2759 and have Ford tell me to get lost. There's just too much money involved here.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is WONDERFUL news. I have tried to keep any modding I have done to a minimum so far so I could wait and see what he comes up with. I am very excited. Keep us posted MUS408.

As far as the warranty is concerned. Dealers work in somewhat of a grey area concerning aftermarket parts. For example, if you have a cold air induction system on your car and a rattling transmission you want covered under warranty they will most likely do it. The CAI didn't cause the problem with the trans. Of course if one of your aftermarket parts goes bad they won't help you with that. And as always, in the interest of profit making business....if there is any way they can prove a part you put on caused the problem they will try to make you pay. Just be careful with the modding though and you should have no problem.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i understand all the pitfalls Lok, ( i should have been a little clearer) but Ford is well aware of all of Paul's efforts with aftermarket Mustang mods and Paul's racing efforts are VERY WELL supported by Ford Racing. paul has done some dyno work for Ford on concept vehicles(including our Bullitts) i just wondered if any of that would be taken into account by Ford and maybe there could be some limited factory and/or Team Mustang support of Paul's efforts to wring some ponies out of our babies

Hey, Mr.T, MI_Bullitt(brian), and/or RARA......what do you think about this topic??
would Ford Support aftermarket mods by
Paul S. ?

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-10 15:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey mus408 that is excellent news indeed and exactly what I have been expecting having spoken to Paul myself. Looks like my goal of 300 N/A at the wheels will be very close given where I'm at without the HP kit.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well he wasn't giving out all the details.....yet! I believe the intake will be a ported version of the stock piece,maybe done on a exchange/core charge type of deal. Will try to find out more next month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts