Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not new to reading this forum, just new to posting. I have a black bullitt. I went 13.86 stock (no paxton), 13.77 with gears (no paxton). I put in the Paxton and WOW!! I cannot wait to get back to the track. I have the exact same drivability that I had before the install. You do not notice that there is a supercharger until you stomp the gas. The whole hole in the pan thing was NO BIG DEAL. I have basic knowledge and skills (I work as a teacher not an auto tech) and did the entire install myself. It took about 20 hours. Plan it right because you will have to send your computer to Paxton. I REALLY like them. I was missing one part (intake tube) and had a defective part (discharge tube). They overnighted the replacements no questions asked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you have to put any other mods on your engine in order to put the supercharger. I ask because I want to get one but am afraid it might hurt the engine. THank you!

·
Registered
93 Posts
what was ur best time man? and how much hp at the wheels?

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
What is a Paxton S/C worth down there? I saw one (used I assume) in the classifieds here for $1,500 Canadian. Not that I'm really interested in supercharging #3817, but maybe somebody would want to call about this. The number in the ad is (519) 684-9958. There wasn't any more info in the ad.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
My advise would be to dyno tune your car before you run it to hard, as the 2001 4.6's have a tendency to blow up under boost due to fuel issues. Go to stangnet or the corral forums to see what I mean.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,
I am going to try to reply to everyone. I paid 3228.00 american from Muscle Motors (I hate them but the price was good). I think that Modern Performance NW will give the same price with less 'tude. I have no dyno numbers as I did the install my self. I have decided to stay with the Paxton tune for now as I have no other mods aside from the minor exhaust and gears. The Paxton chip has GREAT drivability. The ONLY kit that Paxton will sell WITH the warranty is the NOVI 1000. I am going to try to get to the track today. The best time BEFORE the Paxton was 13.77 @101. The track did not stick that well on that night but the air was good. It is hot here today and blowers like cold air. I am going to monitor air fuel ratio (bung alread welded in, guage on order) and if I see lean condition (not suspected at this point as plugs look good) then I will go for a custom chip. I did use the spark plug that paxton recommends. I am hoping that if I do not try to up the boost and go overboard with extra mods, I will not have problems with the short block. This is really my daily driver. I am finishing up an FFR (65 cobra) and have an R1 Yamaha. I have not looked for my bulid number yet but I will keep everyone posted (I doubt that the lady that originally owned my car added ALL of the parts...see my post in the main forum...to a plain GT in the first 1K miles before she got rid of it and I got it).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts