Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any of their brushed aluminum pedal covers come off? My brake pedal cover came off yesterday and it is impossible to get back on. My Bullitt is going back to the dealer next week to have one of the sill plates replaced that was bent when I picked it up and I am putting it on them to get the brake pedal fixed.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
same here SpotsStang, i couldn't get it back on to save my life. came off in traffic too! ( not like 1Nasty's though) lots of grunting and cussing and i still couldn't get the bleepin' thing on. drove to dealer 1st thing before work the next day and they got it back on

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not taking mine in till Thursday, but I am going to ask if there is some type of adhesive they can pu on it. I noticed the really seems to have been none on it initially. I have tried like tree times to put the brake cover back on but for the life of me I have had no luck. I really think that I did not hit it that hard with my foot from the gas to the brake. I think it must have been a couple of small shots that knocked it off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked mine up May 12th, and the brake pedal pad fell off a week later. Since I didn't want the dealer to touch it, I took a tiny bit of silicon oil, rubbed some on the brake arm, and some inside the pedal cover.

I probably fought with it for a good 1/2 hour, but I finally got it on tight with the help of a small 90% screw driver(being very carefull not to puncture the rubber on the pedal cover) with no adhesive at all.

If your pedal cover fell off, it wasn't put on right in the first place. Once you get it on the correct way, it shouldn't go anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts