Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I TALKED TO SUPERCHIP AND THEY HAVE ONES FOR THE BULLITT.
CALL THEM..

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Have heard several guys who raced basically the Bullitt engine a few years agon on the Mustnag circuit and from Ford personnel who say get a chip custom burned for YOUR car, not one off the shelf. Something to remember.
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i agree WHOLE heartedly with Cam!
the few guys i know who race, ALL said get a chip burned for YOUR individual vehicle if at all possible. it really can make a difference
there enough small differences in our powertains that a little thing like this could net us a few extra HP!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Go to http://www.performanceford.com/ or call Gene Toll Free at 1-877-678-5591. Real nice guy and knows his stuff. Will reburn chips as well. He just reburned my chip.

John

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
No problem. You'll find that Paul will answer any questions you may have (assuming he has the time to talk 'cause he's very busy) and unlike many mail order chips, his really work. Check the other posts by me and "mus408" for specifics.
Arthur

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I already posted this under "Enough mods to best a z-28" but I thought it fit better here.

Does anyone have any experience with Dallas Mustang chips? They are just down the street from me and they will put the car on the dyno and tweak the chip until it pulls the hardest... 'least thats how I understand it. Sounds like a good deal for $250 but I would like to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think you should not get a chip off any kind untill you have done all your other mods, IE pipes, MAf, CIA, Gears, pullies and ext.... That way they can brun the chip to your mods and everything will mesh together.

Doug

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
learo is right. chip should be your last mod!
Llama, when i lived in Dallas, Dallas Mustang had a very good reputation! Crimecrusher here at bullittclub used them!
if they do a custom chip AND tuning for $250.00 and they are close to home(up there off Skillman & LBJ) then i think it's a pretty good deal!they stand behind their work!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
This is a follow up to the previous post about the dyno tuned chip for $250 at dallas mustang. Turns out too good to be true. $250 will get you an off the shelf chip, ANOTHER $250 will get your car on the dyno and the chip tuned to YOUR car. $500, is it worth it??

Bone Bare Stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2001-09-05 19:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its worth it if you get ALL your other mods done first, then they can put the car on a dyno and custom burn a chip to take advantage of your mods. Thats the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i think it's just a little on the high side BUT they are a good company and very close to home for you! probably the best way for anyone in the metroplex to go!
let us know how it goes Llama

1 - 18 of 18 Posts