Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a chip yesterday and it made a world of difference!! I can smoke the 275/18's through 2nd gear from a rolling start..The hp and torque increase feels really good..The guy that made it claims 20-30hp and 40lbs of tq. at the rear wheels..Dont have a dyno in the area but it sure feels stronger..If anybody is interested in them they sell for 300.00 bucks..I dont know if thats cheap or high but it was free for me, so I love it..We sell a lot of his chips for the Ford diesel trucks and have had real good luck for the last 2 yrs..

·
Registered
509 Posts
I installed a SuperChip in my Bullitt and Expedition and like you, no dyno nearby; but it feels like a world of difference. I really notice the difference in the 1st and 2nd gear pull, plus it doesn't "lug" so bad in O/D at low (2,000) rpm's. Got mine from Performance Ford in Florida.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The name of his place is called Performance Unlimited out of Lubbock,Texas..We are a distributor for him..If tour interested give me a call at 18002423518..I can take the order and have them direct shipped to your door..He has a website but it just talks about the truck chips.His website is www.dieselchips.com There is some info about the 4.6 in the F150 trucks..If you have any other questions, just ask..

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I just went to the web site. Look's cool. But is it really just as simple as plugging it in? How did the car react with the new programming? Aside from the obvious SOTP increase in power. Did it need to "learn"?

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter w/Hurst stick and ball, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-12-13 10:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I out it in,started it and held rpms around 1500 for about a minute and then went and burned off some rubber..Also found out he has a lifetime warranty on the chip itself(on a replacement basis only)

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The install consists of this:
remove battery cable
remove rt kick panel and door sill
unbolt a wire harness and the ecm box
take the ecm apart(6 screws)
scrap and scuff off silicone at connector
slip chip on connector
re-install
make trip to tire store!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I tried a SuperChip,through PHP,and saw 5 HP at the hp peak of 5000 RPM. However it extended the power thru 5400 RPM,where without the chip,it went real rich and power would fall sharply. At the track,this failed to show on the ET slip....maybe due to loss of traction,but the MPH didn't show any gain. I just don't see 40 ft.lbs of torque in a chip,with a N/A type setup......possibly with a blower involed though,as a correct tune would show a larger gain.....Just my thoughts. Remember,a chip is only going to bump the timing a few degrees,and quicken it's rate or curve thru the range to max timing,plus lean the A/F ratio slightly.....no magic here. Basically same thing you do on a carb setup with jets and distributor springs. But the engines nowdays are just about maxed out,to get better emissions,performance and economy,plus the computer is far more accurate and faster than the old distributor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-12-13 16:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-12-13 16:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could be true, I am just saying thats what they advertise..I can only say that I can definitly feel a difference, what the actual increase is I have no idea..There is no place here to do a dyno test...I wish there was one close to me just to actually see what it is doing for my car..

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
KRS 01,when I mentioned todays cars are maxed out.......that means on 87 octane fuel,or whatever they state as recommended octane rating,going uphill in 110 degree heat! There is some room for timing and fuel improvements in type of climate and use you drive in. I need to get my chip retuned for use without the cats,as right now I am running without it,but it still feels strong with the H-pipe and Steeda pulleys.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah right, closest place is probably Houston..Will take donations for the trip and expense..LOL..

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its only a 1 1/2 hour drive but, I work all the time and cant get over there..I was just joking about the money thang..:-B

1 - 16 of 16 Posts