Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a chip in their basically stock Bullitt? If so, did you notice any performance gain? Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'd also like to know what chip to get and how much it cost ?? what does everyone recommend ?? Any help is appreciated as this will probably be my next mod ~ Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
best chip tuner i know of is Paul's High Performance in Michigan. there are many references to his work here in Bullittclub!
www.paulshp.com

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-11-20 12:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to hear from members who INSTALLED a chip in a basically stock Bullitt, might it be Pauls, Superchip, or.... Want some feedback.....

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Mus408, Roushraven, & others come to mind

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I installed a PHP chip,and whether due to traction problems,or whatever,I didn't see any improvement at the track. Still running 14 teens at 99.8,just like stock. It seems any mods,make the 2nd gear wheel spin worse,breaks them loose in 3rd also. Now the chip did show about 5 HP gain in peak HP. Also, the chip,leaned the mixture a bit which lessened the HP drop over 5000 RPM. In other words it extended the power curve somewhat. The chip deal would be better used to tune in other mods,like long tube headers,and a gear change. This whole deal is definitely not as simple and cheap,as dialing in my carbed 351W 85 LX. I mean how much can a screwdriver cost!!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mus408

Thanks for being honest about this. I did not think it would make much of a performace improvement alone. I agree, with mods it would be worth it.

You gained 5 hp with the chip? Was that rwhp? I sure hope so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts