Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tossing the idea around of putting on a new throttlebody. Either the 62mm or 65mm BBK. Just curious if anyone has done it yet, and what kind of performance increase i'll get. I would be pairing it with the MAC Cold Air tube already on there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-08-29 12:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I read on one of the boards out there (sorry, don't remember which one, might have been the Corral) that the larger Cobra aftermarket twin TB's don't fit very well to the Bullitt Intake. Said it would take a lot of port matching....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats one thing I've been worried about. Anybody else hear anything on the fit of the Cobra TB's?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I went through this many posts ago but I'll do it again just because I'd hate to see someone waste time and money. There was absolutely NO performance gain shown on three dyno pulls with the addition of the BBK Cobra throttle body to the stock (ie naturally aspirated) Bullitt. If you want to do it anyway, here's what you can expect even with port matching, and yes you will have to do it, you will find that no matter what the butterflies just don't seem to seal right. The linkage did not work with the stock Bullitt linkage which in turn caused severe idle problems. For instance, at idle we only managed to settle the rpms down to about 1000. However, after a throttle up the platewould remail open on the throttle body and cause the idle to hang at 3000 rpm. I put the stock throttle body on and everything returned to normal. When I returned the throttle body to Brothers they said that they had several returns already for driveability issues as well. This occured in June the 18th to be exact so maybe BBK has a specific Bullitt application I'd suggest just giving them a call and speaking to one of their tech guys. I did that initially and was told that it may or may not work but since they hadn't tested the Bullitt with the current product inventory. In any case, unless you plan to add forced induction the current throttle body is more than adequate for all of your natually aspirated needs. The real congestion in the system is the manifold/ H-pipe. Further gains are being tested as we speak by Paul Svinicki. Though he hasn't said specifically I suspect that it involves some intake work much like the stage to Cobra intake that he currently sells. Anyway that's my two pennies.
Arthur

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks arthur!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, thanks. That helped a lot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Arthur is 100 percent correct. I'm talking to customers almost every day who want to go this route. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! PRO-M has had one of my systems for calibration to the 87mm meter for 6 weeks. Some of my customers have been waiting this long with nothing being accomplished!
Stay with the factory system unless going to a blower. The factory system will support 485 HP. This speaks volumes of how well designed the factory system is. It's like taking a balanced 302 with a 650 double pumper and adding a 1050 dominator. It would kill the proper flow balance.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
don't forget that the "factory" system(intake, throttle body, & injection) was actually developed by Ford Racing! Barry Sheppard out of Detroit(and others) runs MANY Ford racing supported parts on his car(as does Paul Svnicki) that are NOT available to us lowly peons for 1 to 2 years later!! these guys were racing with our intake, throttle body, and injection 2 summers ago! if racers can win with our system, it can damn sure support our mods!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts