Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So this started last week with the heavy rains here in CA and I have no idea if it could be somehow related. I did have the problem with the firewall drain getting clogged and had to clear it, I did get water inside the passenger floor because of it.

But... My Perimeter lights and dome light are now randomly turning on, it is working exactly as if I had pressed the unlock button on my remote, but the doors are staying locked. The lights do time out just like they would with the remote, but then within a couple minutes they turn on again.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any idea what could be causing it? I don't really want to spend a ton of time or money trying to find the fault.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
not heard of this issue. Have you tried looking over at the S197.com forum? Someone there may have posted a fix for you.

·
Premium Member
14,023 Posts
Sometimes, just sometimes, a dealership is the best place to go with problems like this because they may have seen it before. I'd definitely also try the S197 forum...more "hands on" guys over there, even if many of them do post like they're still in high school.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I have had issues with the Water in the Floor due to stopped drain but no electrical issues.

If you are still having the issue, you may want to turn the heater on high directed to the floor with the window down and let it run for a while to try to dry everything out. You want to get it nice an toasty down near the floor.

May not fix it but worth a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok,
I was waiting to file my taxes before I could get this fixed... that said... based on everything I have read here and on other forums and conversations I have had I would assume the problem was with the Smart Junction Box, especially as that also controls the alarm, and as I said it appeared like I was pressing unlock on the key fob.

All that said... the problem has stopped on it's own. I cannot say why, but it isn't happening anymore and no new problems have replaced it. So hoping it was a random glitch caused by the rain and once it cleared out it is fine.

Thanks for your replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts