Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I read it before on here that TX changed the laws and we can no longer get the numbered personalized plates. Well, I ran into this the other day. I went to renew my plates which I already have the 3246. I never recieved a renewal paper for mine and time past and I forgot to renew before it expired. Just a thought for you guys with these, MAKE SURE you do not let your tags expire or they WILL NOT let you retain your personalized plates. LUCKILY, I had a good story and spoke to a big wig in Austin and they are going to reinstate mine, and I think the main reason was becuase I was told that the state was short on money and didnt send out some renewals this year. Even the big wig lady admitted it and said some were just delayed on getting sent out. Well, The month that they delayed happpened to be the month mine expired so I believe that was the only reason she is letting me keep it.

SO, with that being said make you keep yours valid or they WONT let you retain them. ONLY way to grandfather them in is to always stay current. Just thought I'd pass that along...

TTYL

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Good info.....now....come the DFW Meet on Saturday...like tomorrow :smile:

·
Registered
68 Posts
6 is still max (except for gov. vehicles). At some point in '09 they are scheduled to open it up to 7 for the general public. They are running out of plate #'s. That is also why they are pushing the custom plates so much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
crappy pic , but this one is taken :wink:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hanging on...

They will have to pull my plate from my cold dead fingers.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.