Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it with the DMV. I have been denied anything with any abbreviation or hint to Bullitt in a personalized plate. I've explained its the name of my car and a character in a movie but I was denied. They have a lame excuse because it refers to weaponry and could be offensive. Wow am I sick of everyone being offended:(

Anyone in other states have this issue? I'm in California.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I picked up my personalized California black plates last week look great on the car and really look like they are a letter number combo from the era. Unless I told you what the combo means you wouldn’t know. Doubly nice

·
Premium Member
14,150 Posts
Actually, since there were Bullitt Mustangs made in 2001, then again in 2008-09, and considering how many are in California, probably it's all been done long before you bought your 19.

·
Car Whisperer
20,888 Posts
if they are specifically denying it for being offensive rather than just not available...two different things obviously. if Bullitt or any derivative is in use, then they are being discriminatory in telling you it is offensive. what is good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Car Whisperer
20,888 Posts
other interesting thing about Cali....if they were offended or someone would be...guess they don't know how to spell bullet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Send them pics and a detailed letter highlighting Bullitt on your order form or window sticker. Worked out for my father after they initially declined his request... Good luck!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Bobbyd21, Thanks for posting the pictures. That Black look great. I wasn't sure about the bright molding around the windows and grill on the DHG cars but on the Black, they look fantastic. WOW, great looking car.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
66 Posts
In BC, it's almost the opposite of your experience. You can only put a vanity plate with the word BULLITT or any variation of that on a Bullitt. I could not order mine until I had possession of the car. They would not let me put it on another vehicle and then transfer it once I got my car. Because of this, my first choice was gone (not sure how) and ended up with my second choice.

Attachments

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
In BC, it's almost the opposite of your experience. You can only put a vanity plate with the word BULLITT or any variation of that on a Bullitt. I could not order mine until I had possession of the car. They would not let me put it on another vehicle and then transfer it once I got my car. Because of this, my first choice was gone (not sure how) and ended up with my second choice.
That sucks. In Ontario I guess they just want your $310, you can order a plate anytime and attach to any car at any time.

·
Car Whisperer
20,888 Posts
that's as a weird as California. wonder what their thinking is on that one....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Maine and got BLLITT

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
In my resident state, Tennessee it's $35.00 application fee and you get three choices.

Also a note for why it's of significant value or importance.

I got my 3rd choice for my 2019 car.

I was very happy with any of them .

I remember doing this in Florida for specialty plates for my Harley's. It was more expensive but still not difficult.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Wow , putting a picture is a heck of a issue here for me.:frown2:
I do spend a lot of time trying to figure it out and still screw it up.
Larry
work in progress.,:|

1 - 20 of 91 Posts