Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not a fan of the faux BULLITT fuel cap? I was going to ask where you got that but I see now what you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, letters are from a 2001 Bullitt and the back panel is Ford Performance. The silly faux gas cap looked like our dogs' bowl:frown2:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hmmm, never thought of that. My reason for not applying? The state already rips me for more than I feel is fair. No need to give them any more.
Especially if you live in a small area where maybe there are only two or three, let say black camaros of a certain year, if you got a personalized plate and for some reason someone just doesn't like you, your car is now an easy target.

·
Premium Member
14,150 Posts
Especially if you live in a small area where maybe there are only two or three, let say black camaros of a certain year, if you got a personalized plate and for some reason someone just doesn't like you, your car is now an easy target.
I live outside a small town. In this small town, only 2 '08-09 Bullitts that I know of. The other is black. BUT we have the stealth of many Mustangs in the same body style. So, I don't think mine is even close to being a "look at me" car. Just another Mustang in Green. That's what I'd be on police radio.."Green Mustang"..then a plate number if they had it."

Nothing really unique about 'em, outside of Mustang circles...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I understand the frustration.
I wanted the JJZ 109, but Oklahoma DMV informed me I can’t do three letters followed by three numbers but they couldn’t explain why. Silly, just silly. So I went with JJZ109B like Matt Maran did (I think it was him).
Then they sent me a confirmation letter for JZZ109B.... sigh.... I had to call and correct them.
They said they’d fix it.
I hope they do. After all, we know about that legendary bureaucratic competence!

·
Car Whisperer
20,888 Posts
Reactions: Marguerite

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I simply went w/NE USAF veteran plate with "9MMGT" on it...

·
Registered
181 Posts
No problem on the plate, the car a different story

There are a lot of BULLITT related plates in California. My 2001 Bullitt had BLLLITT.

I had no problem getting the attached one after explaining on my application I would be putting it on a 2019 Mustang Bullitt. It took a few months to get here, but unfortunately being able to buy the car for less than list price is going to take some more waiting.

So for now I have to explain to everyone what it means on the back of my Focus ST. I may get a license plate frame that says "This is not a 2019 BULLITT Mustang"

Attachments

Reactions: Tonykart22

·
Registered
6 Posts
CARCHASE, of course

My New York state tag is : CARCHASE. All of the variants of bullitt were taken.
I had to think outside the box for this one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
There are a lot of BULLITT related plates in California. My 2001 Bullitt had BLLLITT.

I had no problem getting the attached one after explaining on my application I would be putting it on a 2019 Mustang Bullitt. It took a few months to get here, but unfortunately being able to buy the car for less than list price is going to take some more waiting.

So for now I have to explain to everyone what it means on the back of my Focus ST. I may get a license plate frame that says "This is not a 2019 BULLITT Mustang"
I've considered doing the same as a few variants of JJZ 109 are available. However the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to get something personal to ME, because it seems like ever 19 Bullit is having some sort of Bullitt number plate.

I may go with one of my old UK registrations like OCU 727J or B97 VDE for sentimentality sake.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Question regarding front license plate installation. I'm taking delivery of a '19 in the next couple weeks. Here in Illinois front license plates are required. Can anyone tell me if there are factory provided threaded holes on which the front license plate bracket is fastened or does the dealer have to drill the holes? If the dealer typically drills holes I'm interested to know if anyone knows of an alternative plate bracket mounting method that doesn't require holes to be manually drilled. Having a minimum wage porter drill holes in the car to mount the license plate bracket doesn't sound ideal.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts