Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go on Amazon or any auto parts related and type in "license plate bracket." They have numerous to choose from. Quick release is the one in pictures on previous posts. Although, when first installed the bracket didn't appear ridgid. Although, after 1300 miles no problems to report.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Question regarding front license plate installation. I'm taking delivery of a '19 in the next couple weeks. Here in Illinois front license plates are required. Can anyone tell me if there are factory provided threaded holes on which the front license plate bracket is fastened or does the dealer have to drill the holes? If the dealer typically drills holes I'm interested to know if anyone knows of an alternative plate bracket mounting method that doesn't require holes to be manually drilled. Having a minimum wage porter drill holes in the car to mount the license plate bracket doesn't sound ideal.
Yes they will drill holes in your beautiful bumper and ruin it. You should get onto the dealer and make sure they understand not to do this.

I installed a Sho N Sto (CJ Pony parts). Works fantastic. Put the plate on when I'm driving (Unless I forget) and take it off when I'm not.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you both for the replies. Will make sure dealer does not drill bumper and will follow your advice(s) on mounting the plate.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Question regarding front license plate installation. I'm taking delivery of a '19 in the next couple weeks. Here in Illinois front license plates are required. Can anyone tell me if there are factory provided threaded holes on which the front license plate bracket is fastened or does the dealer have to drill the holes? If the dealer typically drills holes I'm interested to know if anyone knows of an alternative plate bracket mounting method that doesn't require holes to be manually drilled. Having a minimum wage porter drill holes in the car to mount the license plate bracket doesn't sound ideal.

I highly recommend the one in Tony’s thread here.

Front License Plate "No Drill" Bracket Solution
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=100248&share_tid=371561&url=https://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371561&share_type=t

Lightweight, no-drill and very high quality. Lightning fast shipping too. Love mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: #94

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I wouldn’t do anything right away. I would just put the front plate in the trunk. I lived outside Chicago 10 years ago and didn’t put the front plate on my ‘06 Mustang GT ever. I drove it there for years without the plate and never had any issues. You’ll notice a lot of nicer cars there (Corvette’s etc.) don’t have front plates in IL and the cops usually look the other way.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Nice one Brett!! Still waiting for my approval!! Then I’ll let ya know!!!

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
What’s the link to the front plate bracket???

·
Registered
84 Posts
VooDoo. Link for bracket is in post #64 up above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I had to have major work done on my front bumper last summer so had them fill in the front holes. She looks SOOO much better! A very few Mustangs in the local club have front plates and I haven’t seen a Corvette with a front plate yet. I was advised to keep it under the seat but it lives inside in the bottom drawer with all the rest of my Bullitt stuff.

I expect if I get pulled over for something else, I’ll get this added to the ticket. But last time I was pulled over was in 1998 in a crappy little rental car with no cruise control, knock on wood. I’ll take my chances and surely the police-person will recognize the unique beauty of my Bullitt, which I will certainly be pointing out.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
In BC, it's almost the opposite of your experience. You can only put a vanity plate with the word BULLITT or any variation of that on a Bullitt. I could not order mine until I had possession of the car. They would not let me put it on another vehicle and then transfer it once I got my car. Because of this, my first choice was gone (not sure how) and ended up with my second choice.
Soooo... what’s Blit mean??? :wink2:

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Yes they will drill holes in your beautiful bumper and ruin it. You should get onto the dealer and make sure they understand not to do this.

I installed a Sho N Sto (CJ Pony parts). Works fantastic. Put the plate on when I'm driving (Unless I forget) and take it off when I'm not.....
is it centered?? they told me they do not have them for the 19 BULLITT yet???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got my plates. Since every combination of Bullitt in 7 characters was taken I went with Matt's option for plates.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
License Plate

When I had my 2008 BULLITT, I applied for BULITT 6 ( 6 was my rank in the ARMY) since most options were taken in Pennsylvania.

When I sold the 2008 BULLITT in 2011, I kept my plate and brought it back to life when I bought my 2009 BULLITT last May.

Pennsylvania will permit you to even use an old vanity or non vanity plate as long as it's in good condition. Some folks are using period correct plates on their classic cars.

Last time I checked, a Vanity Plate in PA was $100. You can go to the PENDOT website and plug in various combos to see if your choice is valid.

My good friend has a Chevy SS EL Camino...……...he tried KISMYSS...…….but the State turned him down! LOL!

ARMY TC

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
Just got my plates. Since every combination of Bullitt in 7 characters was taken I went with Matt's option for plates.

We are members of the JJZ109B License Plate Club...

Attachments

Reactions: K4310

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
We are members of the JJZ109B License Plate Club...
I think I just started a new JJZ 109K club.

All the typical BULLITT options were taken in NC so I thought about it and after much debate, my Bullitt is K2700 and my name is Kelly, my initials are KMK so I applied for JJZ 109K and it arrived yesterday!

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
I think I just started a new JJZ 109K club.

All the typical BULLITT options were taken in NC so I thought about it and after much debate, my Bullitt is K2700 and my name is Kelly, my initials are KMK so I applied for JJZ 109K and it arrived yesterday!

49 more members to go! :)

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Iowa just started a plain black with white lettering plate. I am now waiting to see if I can get JJZ3122. I should, there is nothing obscene or any way to twist this that we can figure. If I don’t get it, my current PONY8 will transfer to the new plate.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts