Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I haven't posted here in a while. But I have my exhaust problem nearly solved. I'm now deciding whether to go X pipe or Prochamber. I've heard you get the most gains out of a prochamber but I love the sound of the X pipe.

So far, the setup is this: Mac Longtube Headers, Offroad X pipe or Mac Prochamber, and flowmaster 40 series mufflers while retaining the Bullitt polished aluminum rear tips. (I love those tips!!!)

whatdya think???

·
Registered
309 Posts
Los,

Sounds like a winner to me. I think I would go with the Prochamber though. The X-pipe will give you that nascar type sound while the Prochamber gives you that deep, muscular rumble (not to mention the added ponies :grin: )

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can someone give me the part number for the prochamber?? I want to add this mod but i have a few ?'s. Like is it catted or offroad or can you get both??

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
sound like your ride is getting pretty sweet Los!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Los, good choices. I've decided that those tips are too special, so I won't cut or weld them. I'm going with Bassani Quiet Thunder Mufflers. Flowmaster would be a close second choice for me. Bassani or Flowmaster -- hard to pick a winner. The X pipe is based on NASCAR technology, so it sounds NASCAR like at the higher rpms. Also, sounds a little exotic and meaner at higher rpms. I think I got good hp gains with the X-pipe, and the Bassani quality is outstanding, but it will change the Bullitt signature sound -- not bad, but different. Also, the X pipe really helps with a SC.

My one and a half cent recommendation: X Pipe with SC, No SC go with H Pipe and keep/enhance the sound.

Headers huh? Personnally, I'm still working on this one.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts