Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is not actually my creation. I bought all of the Bullitt images taken by the track photographer on the cherry picker, then jazzed this one up just a bit.

My photos from this year's Nats don't have the same impact at those from SF but I will again mail a CD to all who want one. If you receive one, I ask for a little help in making copies and sending CDs to your friends.

I will include this full-size image too.

WHAT A GREAT TIME AT NATS ... AGAIN! THE BULLITTHEADS, THE CARS, THE TRACKS, THE FOOD!

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Great photos!!! Looks like an awesome trip. I am extremely jealous... wish I could have made the trip.

-Tim

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And now the saddest car of all, that 57 Plymouth burried on the courthouse lawn since June of 1957. I think everyone in Tulsa was hoping for something better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Dennis and I managed to get in the back door of the Tulsa Civic Center just as the car was being loaded up to be taken to a Plymouth dealer for further display. It had been on display at a downtown car show since it was dug up a few days earlier.

The "vault" in which it was burried filled with water over the fifty years. Apparently the car is not restorable.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Dennis and I managed to get in the back door of the Tulsa Civic Center just as the car was being loaded up to be taken to a Plymouth dealer for further display. It had been on display at a downtown car show since it was dug up a few days earlier.

The "vault" in which it was burried filled with water over the fifty years. Apparently the car is not restorable.

Ouch!

They should find another one as a base machine, and yank everything useable off this one, and restore the new base. Then display it.. improvise, overcome! :)

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Well, this is not actually my creation. I bought all of the Bullitt images taken by the track photographer on the cherry picker, then jazzed this one up just a bit.

My photos from this year's Nats don't have the same impact at those from SF but I will again mail a CD to all who want one. If you receive one, I ask for a little help in making copies and sending CDs to your friends.

I will include this full-size image too.

WHAT A GREAT TIME AT NATS ... AGAIN! THE BULLITTHEADS, THE CARS, THE TRACKS, THE FOOD!

I love that pic!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found these at burried car.com

Two more photos of the 57 Plymouth: Engine ... Interior ... I think unrestorable (or not restorable) is probably a good bet.

Looks like the battery was left connected 50 years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Here you go I added numbers for the 36 people, so someone list everyone's first name, username, and Bullitt number :D

Attachments

·
3,389 Posts
5111 said:
Here you go I added numbers for the 36 people, so someone list everyone's first name, username, and Bullitt number :D
What's wrong Dee? Couldn't use the same sized font for the whole picture?
.......look outside your window, the short bus is there waiting to take you to school....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
5111 said:
I don't know all, here is what I know:

#1 is Dallas's daughter
#2 is Dallas
#27 is Jeff, Mustangwi
#28 is Jeff's daughter Emma
#29 is Mike, 67_Bullitt, I think
#6 is Kurt, Bullitt 3230
#7 I think is Kurts daughter
#30 is PY
#32 is Paul "Red Light" Kaylan1521
#16 is Dennis, WonBullitt
#33 is Greg, Droopy'sBullitt
#34 is Gail ,BlueBullitt2180.1
#35 is Jeff, BlueBullitt2180
#18 is Jay, Wheels
#20 is Jay' wife Tracy
#21 is me, Dillo Dave
#22 is Molly, Wildman's wife
#23 is Dan, Wildman
#25 is Dee, 5111
#26 is Stacy, Dee's Best Half

Sorry, that's all I know. I met everyone, but it's a lot of people to remember.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
actually #35 is Jeff, Bluebullitt2180.1
and #34 is Gail, Bluebullitt2180.

The Bullitt belongs to Gail, Jeff just keeps it clean and does the maintenance on it! LOL

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
I will try and fill in a few more blanks here

#1 is Dallas</ST1:p's daughter
#2 is Dallas

#3<O:p</O:p
#4 is Richard<O:p</O:p
#5<O:p</O:p
#6 is Kurt, Bullitt 3230
#7 is Kurts daughter Aarika<O:p</O:p

#8<O:p</O:p
#9<O:p</O:p
#10<O:p</O:p
#11<O:p</O:p
#12<O:p</O:p
#13 <O:p</O:p
#14 is Jack<O:p</O:p
#15<O:p</O:p
#16 is Dennis, WonBullitt <O:p</O:p
#17<O:p</O:p
#18 is Jay, Wheels <O:p</O:p
#19<O:p</O:p
#20 is Jay' wife Tracy
#21 is Dillo Dave
#22 is Molly, Wildman's wife
#23 is Dan, Wildman<O:p</O:p

#24 is Brian Ruiz’s wife Melodee
#25 is Dee, 5111
#26 is Stacy, Dee's Best Half
#27 is Jeff, Mustangwi
#28 is Jeff's daughter Emma
#29 is Mike, 67_Bullitt
#30 is Collin PY<O:p</O:p

#32 is Paul "Red Light" Kaylan1521
#33 is Greg, Droopy'sBullitt
#34 is Gail ,BlueBullitt2180.1
#35 is Jeff, BlueBullitt2180<O:p</O:p

#36 is Brian Ruiz bullittinthehead

That is all I can remember man I am really bad at names isn't that right Dave.... I mean Mike. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey! That's a great job, Jeff and Dave. I'm way worse at names than that, but I got this one, my wife's name is Melodee!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts