Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is our hero on the dyno at 147 mph.

I'll let him tell the story. :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-24 03:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Jimmy told me was 265 hp. I posted these for him right after he emailed me the pics and I thought he'd say something by now. :???:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-23 01:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It doesn't look like the DynoJet I know. Is it a Mustang dyno?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Come on Jimmy,let us know! Remember,all dynos tell a different tale.....just try to use the same one for bolt-on comparisons. My numbers were off a bit from others,but it seems to run just as well at the track.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Hey all,
It was a Mustang Dyno was the brand name of the Dyno....
It was lot of fun We were able to run 3 runs for $50.00 because my club took 6 cars to run he gave us a discount of $25.00 form $75.00.
The type of runs where;
Drag strip
horse power pull
speed Odemtor(spelling sucks)
He could have hooked up a rpm Indicator for the torque, but that was extra and I didn't want to hold up the other guy's in getting their runs in.
What they did was put in the weight of the car and Horse power required to run at 50mph which they operator say's a Mustang is about 12HP.... But I think the weight was off because a Saleen owner was there and he said with driver and the car weights about 3500lbs I think it should have been about 3400Lbs
I ran right after a S281 Saleen which ran a 280Hp it was new engine without the super charger.
My runs were kind've screwed up because;
1) we couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't go, seems tackion control don't like the Dyno machine once we figured that out The operator told me to run it up though the gears Thats when I got to 147MPH at 5900 RPM thats when I wimped out and got out of it before the REV limiter cut in, Which wouldn't have been long the engine was still pulling real hard.
2) I think the 3500Lbs hurt the horse power reading because because on the Horse power pulls and the drag strip runs. The best I could muster was 198Hp with a 25% correction factor was 260-265Hp. I asked about other Dyno's Ive seen that they go by a 15-20% correction factor... Which would have been even less....
The operator say's he took a race engine off the Engine Dyno and put it in this Chassi Dyno and using the 25% it matched exactly to the Engine Dyno thats why he goes with the 25%
On the Drag strip run I got 14.7 which was the fastest out of 4 late model cars there including the saleen.
But I was beat by a 68 coupe with Ford Motorsports 5.0 and T5 trans he ran a 13.9
and a Boss 302 ran a 14.4 on his run
On each power shift I smoked the tires and peaked the horse power at 296 on the 2-3 shift (thats rear wheel number). This young kid told me I had the coolest car there.
So this leaves me with some questions;
Could the different brand of Dyno's be the cause for the differenance of 15-20- 25% correction factors for crank Hp?
Did the extra 100lb's effect the Hp and 1/4 mile numbers?
Does any Dyno operators really know what they are doing?
Why does trackion control always defaut to on everytime the key is turned off and screw me up.
I'll try and get Kay to scan the papers I got and e-mail them to Nasty so he can post them.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I would love to see how my MACH1 would do now.... I'm going to try and get another Dyno run with the club and guys at work, later next month on Dec 14th.... I go with a lower weight on 1007 and see if my MACH1 can hang with 1007.
Mus408, the dyno is in Norfolk downtown just a few miles from waterside. Come on down and see what you've got!
1007 is bone stock still has the paper filter

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Oh yeah Jimmy! The Mustang dyno will read way lower than a Dynojet. As far as the 1/4 mile goes, what were your other numbers like? 60', 1/8, MPH etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-11-24 14:17 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Jimmy,the Mustang Dyno's do read lower than the DynoJet type. That 3500 lb. figure isn't far off. My car weighed in at 3315,with 1/4 tank of gas. Now add driver weight,whatever that may be, and you have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts