Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

PIAA vs. Xenon vs. ?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Mid Life Crisis #388 
#1 ·
I am tossing around the idea of getting some of the white lights like the new bmw's are using. My question is "which ones?" PIAA's run around $65+ and Xenon's run about $25. Is there a difference, and if so what? Also, give me part numbers if you have them and let me know how pleased you are with them.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I went with the Piaa's 9007. I was able to find them locally at a 4X4 speedshop. Figured if that was what they were using and they were holding up then that was a plus. Also I believe that they said that they were DOT approved. I have been very happy with them and cring when driving the wifes car at night, can't see anything and its allll yellow. I have a before and after pic
http://www.quicksurf.com/ths/bullitt/Mods/Headlights/
The cameras auto exposure actually brings the two pics closer but in real life the difference is MORE than what you see in the picture.
I did go with the Xenon for my fog lamps because after installing the Piaas the fog lamps looked yellow. They match the piaas white perfectly. Had I had the chance to only spend $25 instead of $70 I probably would have tried them.

#4 ·
I also have the PIAA 9007's, and they are the best I have ever had on any vehicle. They don't quite give the brightness of the Bemer's or Mercedes' headlights, but sure are very close. I'll never go back to the stock halogens. Also, they don't give the impression of those blue ricer bulbs on the streets, they look like they cost some money!

#7 ·
I've never heard of PIAAs. I used to have a set of Xenon 9007 100/80W's on my '94 Cougar (which have some of the crappiest headlights I've ever seen on a car) and found they worked reasonably. The Xenons only seemed to work well the lighter the color of the road face. So I gave up when one burned out & bought high-wattage 100/80W 9007 halogens from JC Whitney. While they're not DOT approved, enforcement is virtually impossible it's not done anywhere I've been.

Does anybody have any online info on PIAAs or a place online to order them?

<font color=00D0FF>True-Blue Bullitt #2294
<font color=00A8FF>(Currently hibernating in Parma, OH)
<font color=0088FF>Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BUL2294 on 2002-01-19 16:31 ]</font>

#8 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-16 10:49, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
I went with the Piaa's 9007. I was able to find them locally at a 4X4 speedshop. Figured if that was what they were using and they were holding up then that was a plus. Also I believe that they said that they were DOT approved. I have been very happy with them and cring when driving the wifes car at night, can't see anything and its allll yellow. I have a before and after pic
http://www.quicksurf.com/ths/bullitt/Mods/Headlights/
The cameras auto exposure actually brings the two pics closer but in real life the difference is MORE than what you see in the picture.
I did go with the Xenon for my fog lamps because after installing the Piaas the fog lamps looked yellow. They match the piaas white perfectly. Had I had the chance to only spend $25 instead of $70 I probably would have tried them.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

What brand/style of foglamps did you install? Some foglamps or driving lamps are on my wish list now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.