2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,
this is where I will be living for the next few months isnt it stylish
TENT CITY

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Well it could be worse. If this is the actual place you at least have a roof over your head besides the tent.

Stay safe and we look forward to seeing/hearing from you when you get the chance.

Keep your eyes and ears open and your head low. Good luck...

·
Registered
448 Posts
So, which tent is Bullitt #2321 in?? Just kidding, Travis...:grin: Our thoughts and prayers are with you back here in GA. Take care over there.

:bullitt:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Travis, I hate to be a downer..but those have to be the nicest GP tents I have ever seen..not to mention you are on a concrete floor and not in the mud..plus with that many GP's around..little to no fire watch..so things could be much worse..live in NTA in Oki for awhile and you will think that the tent city your are in now is the Hyatt :smile:

I don't know if I miss that life..or not..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing is that they want to make all THe Security forces and MP do the fire watch and there are only 8 of us total so we dont have the main power right now to do it but we will. Yeah they are nice,all brand new.with ac might i add thank goodness i live with the air force

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sucks about the fire watch..what a friggin waste of time. Especially when there are only a few of you. I guess you did luck out being the the Chair Force. I don't think I have ever had better food, better service and a more laid back environment than when we trained the the Air Force. We did field day..they called their maids..wow..did I pick the wrong branch.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your not lying. I am in the ARMY HOOORAH, and when we were in Jonduros the air force got paid extra for sub standard living conditions and they lived in the same things we did if not nicer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-11-27 01:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Sorry for late reply. As a Civil Engineer, that is my primary duty, the tent city thing. Right now I support joint task forces so I get feedback from everyone about the "quality of life". It pains me to say this but my AF brethren are the worst complainers in this environment, Aircrews are the top whiners. They bitch the the A/C is to warm, when its 105 outside and 75 in the TENT!!!! That is why I go out of my way to help the Army and Marines because they appreciate the fact that we built them showers, latrines and Air Conditioned tents. It gets even better when we have a feeding mission and the Flyers whine because the "Cappacino" machine isn't working! (It is working, but I pull the fuse till after they go thru the line :smile:). Sorry for the rant, I feel much better, and enjoy the noise from the ECU's bounsing of the walls (I was in Qatar in Feb for an exercise and did the same setup indoors, caused quite an uproar over the niose of the new FDECU's).

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ouch the truth hurts. Now where's my Latte???

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WoW.... way to tell um.... believe me we all thank you for the A/C even if its 98 insided and 105 outside..... I must say ours works great... 60-70 oh yeah

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
BULLITTBRO1, good luck and take care!

KICK SOME A$$ TOO!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts