Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many that will say you can't have 4 doors, or 4 cylinders, and be a sports car. But let me tell you, this thing is FAST! 300hp/300ft-lbs of torque with a 6-speed transmission and AWD.

Just moved out to Washington state from Ohio, left the Bullitt with my Dad back home, and wanted to buy something I could drive year round with just a different set of rims/tires.

Below are a few pics if anyone is interested.

And for the record, yes it's faster than a Bullitt, and yes it handles better, but no it's not more fun to drive. It's a technological marvel. But it doesn't have the... for lack of a better word, badassness, that the Bullitt does. I miss having a V-8 with an off-road H-pipe and scaring small children. All the same, if you have to have something you can drive in the snow, it's hard to find something more fun than this:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
you think the 04 is fast, try the new 08-09 models!! i work at a subaru dealership down in GA and those 305hp monsters are a hoot to drive to lunch!!

i agree, there is no "soul" to the car, but if you think of it as a robot, built to be souless but to do one thing VERY well, then this car makes sense... especially in the snow!

shaun

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
fromthecoast said:
That is very similar to my morning commute.
Can't be any worst than Los Angeles morning commute.......

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
NDBullitt said:
I know there are many that will say you can't have 4 doors, or 4 cylinders, and be a sports car. But let me tell you, this thing is FAST! 300hp/300ft-lbs of torque with a 6-speed transmission and AWD.

Just moved out to Washington state from Ohio, left the Bullitt with my Dad back home, and wanted to buy something I could drive year round with just a different set of rims/tires.

Below are a few pics if anyone is interested.

And for the record, yes it's faster than a Bullitt, and yes it handles better, but no it's not more fun to drive. It's a technological marvel. But it doesn't have the... for lack of a better word, badassness, that the Bullitt does. I miss having a V-8 with an off-road H-pipe and scaring small children. All the same, if you have to have something you can drive in the snow, it's hard to find something more fun than this:

I like them, My son has A LEGACY GT with STI turbo, intake, and intercooler and a bunch of other trick stuff, exhaust mod from headers to tips (loud) non catted. I think the dyno was up there around 300 hp & torque a lot for AWD at the wheels. And he has road racing suspension (stiff) . Yeah! faster than my BULLITT but the sound doesn't get it with me LOL.
P.S My son e-mailed me that video just the other day watched it a number of times WOW!

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Are ricers even permitted on IMBOC?? :lol:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
BB2008 said:
Are ricers even permitted on IMBOC?? :lol:
Only ones faster than BULLITTs -LOL-.
Note there was a Import Registry Collin started that NDBULLITT's post could have been placed, but could not find must have dropped off.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
The STI is an amazing vehicle to be sure.

I encountered a couple early one morning on a deserted stretch of highway in my 78 Porsche 928.

I was doing probably 90mph when I passed them and a black one took off in pursuit. Now a wiser man might of let it go – seeings as the Scoopy-Do STI had almost a 100 more ponies and about 30 more foot pounds of torque than my 30 year old Shark. But when I saw him giving chase I couldn’t resist down shifted into fourth & kicking in the afterburners.

Oh sure I knew the guy had a higher top-end than my old Shark. Likewise had this been in a stop light Grand Prix – the STI has a much better 0-60 time. But the 928 has extremely long legs and apparently my Shark is much quicker in the 90-130 range because I pulled away fast and the Subaru took an extremely long time to even catch up with me. Granted because of higher top speed I’m sure he would’ve eventually reeled me in, but for some reason the other guy was never able to pass me despite plenty of open space before us he eventually backed off.

Still I’ve driven these a few times and feel that they aren’t real cruisers and certainly not intended to gobble up long stretches of road like true GTs are. Still there are definitely in their element on twisty dirt or gravel roads.

But I would guess that they'd make great commuter vehciles, that you can still trash about on the weekends.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Pronkie1,

thanks for the vid. that was fun to watch. if i hadn't bought the bullitt, and i can't think of a reason why i wouldn't, i would have bought an sti. i kept up with the sti's for several years as they evolved, and they just kept getting better and better. they are expensive to mod though...and not a mustang.

·
Registered
346 Posts
awesome choice.(wanted one for awhile but then found the bullitt) My buddy has one, all you need for these things is a few bolt ons and a tune. He has new downpipe, cat back,intake and cobb tune for his 2004.... It's a whole different animal now, put down around 285awhp. Have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Two of my nieghbors had them. Both have since sold them. One gave his up because the tranny went toast, to the tune of $5K. And we complain about the Bullitt's 3650...The other fellow blew his engine just past the warranty expiration. The dealer and Subaru would not make it good, saying he revved it too much. OK, why have it all then? So, he said adios muchacho! He is driving a Mitsu-whatever.

I only know them because of the cars, I think they look real purposeful. Nothing fluffy about them. Supposedly great for the Rally folks in snow country. And they are a heck of an Audi alternative!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts