Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look out F-stock cause i got my tires and wheels are on the way. :-B Picked up the tires today from the tirerack warehouse here in Shreveport. Good old Kumho 255/40s. Ordered the wheels from Karkraft for $129 per wheel and they are Ford wheels.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
How are the 255s on the 8" wheel?

I'm on the verge of buying Nittos at 255 for the only reason to get the width.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
go with 275's all around....pics to follow

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black Sunshine #161 on 2002-02-18 17:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i use my extra wheel and tire combo for racing. The 255/40's make the wheel well look empty but for racing they are perfect. The 275/40's will fit but for auto-x there is too much tire for the rim and will roll over onto the sidewall and i don't want that.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I went with the 255/40 for the width. They won't be in until the end of the week.

I was looking for more width/traction and didn't consider the 255/40 would be a less tall tire than 245/45. I doubt that I'd notice.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What else have you done to compete in FS? I am doing the same thing. I have a K&N and Simpson harnesses. I'm looking into wheels, tires. Eventually (when the $ comes) I will go with Koni struts. I don't know about the sway bar change, it already pushes enough. What do the wheels look like?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wheels that i have are the same that came on the Bullitt. I have changed the front sway bar to the Steeda 1.375 inch tubular. What i have noticed about our cars is that we don't have enough spring rate in the front for auto-xing. By adding a larger sway bar it will add some understeer but aides in roll stiffness, adds tires life, and grip. There is talk about doing away with the changing to struts/shocks to aftermarket types in FS. So i'm waiting to see what is the outcome of that. Me also is considering going to the Koni DA's but i'm waiting to see if they are gonna change that rule or not before spending $800. :-B

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had not heard about the possible new rule change regarding the struts. I'm glad you told me because I was already talking to some Koni folks and they were already talking me into buying a set and then immediatly re-valving the new ones, at $100 bucks a strut after I pay the initial amount. That is big bucks, but hey I gotta catch those 1LE Camaros.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rules for SCCA stock class on sway bars:

A. Front anti-roll (sway) bars:
1. substitution, addition or removal of any front sway bars is permitted
2. substitution, addition or removal of sway bars may serve no other purpose than that of an anti-roll bar
3. the use of any bushing material is permitted
4. no modification to the body, frame or other components to accommodate sway bar addition or substitution is allowed, except for the drilling of holes for mounting bolts

B. Rear sway bars
1. may not be removed, replaced, or modified in any way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts