Look out F-stock cause i got my tires and wheels are on the way. :-B Picked up the tires today from the tirerack warehouse here in Shreveport. Good old Kumho 255/40s. Ordered the wheels from Karkraft for $129 per wheel and they are Ford wheels.
Well i use my extra wheel and tire combo for racing. The 255/40's make the wheel well look empty but for racing they are perfect. The 275/40's will fit but for auto-x there is too much tire for the rim and will roll over onto the sidewall and i don't want that.
The wheels that i have are the same that came on the Bullitt. I have changed the front sway bar to the Steeda 1.375 inch tubular. What i have noticed about our cars is that we don't have enough spring rate in the front for auto-xing. By adding a larger sway bar it will add some understeer but aides in roll stiffness, adds tires life, and grip. There is talk about doing away with the changing to struts/shocks to aftermarket types in FS. So i'm waiting to see what is the outcome of that. Me also is considering going to the Koni DA's but i'm waiting to see if they are gonna change that rule or not before spending $800. :-B
A. Front anti-roll (sway) bars:
1. substitution, addition or removal of any front sway bars is permitted
2. substitution, addition or removal of sway bars may serve no other purpose than that of an anti-roll bar
3. the use of any bushing material is permitted
4. no modification to the body, frame or other components to accommodate sway bar addition or substitution is allowed, except for the drilling of holes for mounting bolts
B. Rear sway bars
1. may not be removed, replaced, or modified in any way
A forum community dedicated to Mustang Bullitt owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, production numbers, restoration, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!