Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned in previous post, I got the cast aluminum valve covers installed the other day and am now posting pics. I think I like them but do have some mixed feelings. I keep looking at the "skuff" on the one on the passenger side but maybe that is just how they are supposed to look. Just wonder what you all think of the them overall. By the way, does anyone know where I can get a satin finish dip stick cover?

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the look. A CL Inlet Tube #CL709(cast aluminum finish)might add to the overall look of your engine, check it out at CJ Pony Parts if you've never seen one, but the cast aluminum under the black inlet pipe doesn't look bad at all.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
I like them a lot. As I said before I have a set that I will fit when I get around to it

I am glad you posted to confirm that the installation was way more than a one beer project !

Bob

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
i wish they ahd some ' finned'' on the very top like the 70 boss 302 valve covers...
that would really look nice on our motors / in our engine comaprtments...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More than 1 beer

English Bob said:
I like them a lot. As I said before I have a set that I will fit when I get around to it

I am glad you posted to confirm that the installation was way more than a one beer project !

Bob
Trust me - It is a six pack job. I suggest reading the directions on the TeamBreed website. I did not do this and I don't think it would have made any difference for the guy that did the install -but I kind of wish I had printed out the instructions so he could have looked over them. He thought it would take about 1.5 hours but it took almost 3 hours and he had all the right tools. He had just done same on a friend of mine's Mach I and I think mine was more difficult.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I believe mine will go on before the motor goes back in the car. They do look good !!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Looks great man. I was thinking about doing this until i decided to go four valve, when i get my new D.S.S. motor in the future. but maybe i still will and ill set the thing up as a show item.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I can confirm it's a PITA job, but well worth the effort. Looks great Dennis!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Inlet Tube

Old Mustanger said:
I like the look. A CL Inlet Tube #CL709(cast aluminum finish)might add to the overall look of your engine, check it out at CJ Pony Parts if you've never seen one, but the cast aluminum under the black inlet pipe doesn't look bad at all.
Looked up the CL Inlet Tube. Got to have it. It is the next item on my list. Buying it in late June. Still need to locate dip stick cover in satin finish. Looked at MGW site but all I saw was the shiny finish.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
You can purchase a satin dip stick cover from MGW. Here is a pic of mine with it. I also replaced the black intake tube. You can see the dip stick on the right. The aluminum valve covers really improve the engine appearance.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
you could get a shiney cover and use 000000grade steel wool and make the finish you desire.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts