Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some jpegs that I want to upload. The files are to large. Can someone tell me what software to use to srink the file size to under 100kb???

thanks
jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
MS Paint works fine for me!
Click Image, then Stretch/Skew.
Change Horizontal and Vertical from 100% to 50% or 75% or 33% what ever. Then save with new name!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Paint Shop Pro from JASC software is my fav. You can download it for a free 90 day trial and register it if you like it.
Just go to image and select.. resize. You can save it as virtually any format.. work with layers, do transparancies and all that fun photoshop stuff for les than $100 bucks if you decide to keep it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-10 13:31, 01GTB wrote:
After my PaintShop trial ran out, I downloaded this http://www.irfanview.com/english.htm It's pretty easy to use for shrinking pictures.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
01GTB, Thanks,

Yes, much better. I've been using it to view pics for awhile, but never tried resizing with it. It seems to work a lot better than MS Paint.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Photoshop user, here. Sure, it's darn expensive, but if you can get it, it's worth it. Having web development as one of my job duties comes in handy at budget time. :smile:

When cropping pics for use here, I also drop the quality down from 12 to 10, or so, allowing a nice compromise between image size and clarity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts