Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently went to see the Blue Angels perform at the Brunswick Naval Air Base in Maine. We were not able to get on base to see the show as it was already closed by the time we got there so we found a soccer field about a mile away and watched from there. After seeing what little bit we could see from where we were I know that we have to go somewhere to see the whole show someday. The adrenaline rush from hearing & feeling the power these Jets have and the precision displayed by the pilots was incredible. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as they turned directly over where we were seated and flew back towards the base....I took many photos but trust me when I say this is the only one worth posting as most were too distant to be meaningful....I also took video but it is in quicktime format and I can't get it uploaded to youtube... :smile:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
terrific! thanks for sharing
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,819 Posts
An excellent pic, John.

I had the pleasure of flying with (former) Blue Angel #2 a few years ago at Delta Airlines. He had some killer stories. When he was a Blue Angel they drove A-4 Skyhawks. His landings were very smooth and squeaky. :nerd:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
Nice shot! Thanks


A buddy of mine sent this picture to me a while back and it is still one of my favorites!


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,272 Posts
Yes, thanks for posting. I know what you mean.

When I was stationed at NAS Pensacola I saw them fly in after every show.

Back then they flew the F4 Phantom. Always a big WOW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mustangwi said:
Nice shot! Thanks


A buddy of mine sent this picture to me a while back and it is still one of my favorites!


What an awesome picture!! Talk about slim margin for error!!!
 
Joined
·
7,020 Posts
No Blues @ Miramar this year !

MarineBullitt aka John, this weekend is the MCAS Miramar Air Show but the USN Blue Angels will not be flying in the show, we a forced to watch the USAF Thunderbirds instead ... what's up with that.

Why watch crows when you can watch eagles ... right !

How it going Marine ? semper fi !

on your six ... DHG 1005
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
Too bad you were not on base you could have seen the Nose Strut we gave them (if I remember right for number 6)! They Flew down to Virginia that Friday and picked up a complete nose landing gear from my squadron. They sure put on a great show but it is frustrating sometimes having to give up parts to them on a moments notice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have BULLITT will travel said:
MarineBullitt aka John, this weekend is the MCAS Miramar Air Show but the USN Blue Angels will not be flying in the show, we a forced to watch the USAF Thunderbirds instead ... what's up with that.

Why watch crows when you can watch eagles ... right !

How it going Marine ? semper fi !

on your six ... DHG 1005
I have to clarify-I have never served in any branch of the Armed Forces-You've got just one too many letters in my screen name, take the "r" out. I wish I had served and it is one of my biggest regrets in life that I have not. I would never imply to anyone that I have served though, I just have way too much respect for those of you who have.

And since I have not served-i dont even feel like I should be allowed to participate in any of the -inter-branch rivalry jokes that go on, though what you wrote is kind of funny...:lol:

I am envious of you being able to attend anything at Mirimar....I miss San Diego.....John R :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Too bad you were not on base you could have seen the Nose Strut we gave them (if I remember right for number 6)! They Flew down to Virginia that Friday and picked up a complete nose landing gear from my squadron. They sure put on a great show but it is frustrating sometimes having to give up parts to them on a moments notice!
Jeff-I will make it one of my life's missions to see the entire show somewhere now that I have seen bits and pieces.
On another note-great sig photos!!!!!!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,033 Posts
I saw the BLUE ANGLES last year at Sacramento/Mather airport Ca. last year! Awesome! Took video, that didn't turn out so great, but at least I can say I had the pleasure of being there to experience their show.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top