Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I detailed her out this weekend and then shot some photos. Even on close inspection, I couldn't find a dent or a scratch on her. Kudos to the previous owner!! I almost sent him something for taking good care of her.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Beautiful!!!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Looks great, but you will notice that it is missing the black plastic circles that go in the front calipers. You can get replacements from Ford, but they will probably just fall out again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5111 said:
Looks great, but you will notice that it is missing the black plastic circles that go in the front calipers. You can get replacements from Ford, but they will probably just fall out again.
Thanks for the heads up. Does the plastic have a function beyond the cosmetic (e.g., keeping dirt out of the linings)??

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Professor Bullitt said:
Thanks for the heads up. Does the plastic have a function beyond the cosmetic (e.g., keeping dirt out of the linings)??
I don't think so.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
You got a good one. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Those inserts actually fit into the brake pads and not the calipers. You can paint the back side of the brake pads with hi-temp black paint. No inserts to fall out - looks great all the time.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
Very nice!
My second set of plugs fell out so I assumed they were to generate revenue. My car came with the grey valve stem caps (supposedly oddball if I recall) and I had them on the car for 80k miles. The last set of tires I bought I told them to use the old caps. It wasn't until I got home that I realized they trashed them and gave me new black ones.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DHG .... I love the deep dishes on the back. Are those 18's?? I've thought about going with deep dish 17's on the back but I've heard that I would have to replace the fronts as well because they don't make any that match the factory color.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Professor Bullitt those are 18s on 1543, 9 inch on frt and 10 inch on back. If you want them to match you should get a set. the after market ones are a different shade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts