Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question here. I was looking at the 08 Bullitt Registry and noticed a PP indicator associated with a Bullitt series number. I take it these are some of the early batches of vehicles manufactured. Are there any concerns with a PP model vs the standard run of vehicles?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
They are Pilot Production cars. No concern with durability only that they will have been rode hard since they are given to the automotive press for testing. Just used Bullitts. But since there were only 20 they will be the rarest of the 08 Bullitts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Who do you have to know or where can you find information on obtaining a PP car ?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I believe the plan with the PP cars is to destroy them once their usefullness is served. So unless you're an automative journalist that Ford is hoping to schmooze I somehow doubt that you'll have much luck obtaining one...

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
kenb0218 said:
Who do you have to know or where can you find information on obtaining a PP car ?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

Ford will be auctioning these cars off after the auto writers are through with them. They will reportedly go back to Flat Rock to be inspected and then to private dealer only auctions much like the Hertz GTHs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Ford will be auctioning these cars off after the auto writers are through with them. They will reportedly go back to Flat Rock to be inspected and then to private dealer only auctions much like the Hertz GTHs.
Awesome! :smile:

I had read on another forum that the plan was to destroy them. I like hearing this better since I shudder at the thought of a pony, especially a Bullitt pony, getting up close and intimate with a crusher! :eek:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
chip721 said:
...Are there any concerns with a PP model vs the standard run of vehicles?
Yes.

Beware of 08 HG PP06.

Cochese drove 08 HG PP06 for 30 minutes.

That's not good.

:bigguns:

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Did you drive it like Cochese or Sweet Baby James? That would be a big factor, Nathan Wind.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
lunchbox said:
Did you drive it like Cochese or Sweet Baby James? That would be a big factor, Nathan Wind.
Sweet Baby James.

Yo.

:bigguns:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
2cokeman said:
How did B-man get one?
He has connections who have connections at FoMoCo.

It was a loaner (for about a week) to B-Man.

B-Man had to return it to FoMoCo much to his dismay.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Does anyone know the demise of theRED BULLITT?:wink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
The red Bullitt is still a Bullitt. Actually, it is parked outside my apartment here in Arizona. Worked a long day at the track and I drove it home for the night. Anyone living around Surprise/Glendale AZ (or just around Phoenix) is welcome to take a look at it or go for a ride. It will be here (along with me) until early April, then it's back to lovely Michigan!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you post some pictures of it. I know it was "caught" in PA with the green ones but no one realized at the time, that it had all of the "Bullitt" parts.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Cochese said:
B-Man had to return it to FoMoCo much to his dismay.
DAAAAAAAAAAANG ... that's long enough to stuff a 5.4 in there ... (maybe he should've done that before he turned her in ... ROFLMAO) ... :badgrin:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.