Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a DHG Bullitt yesterday on the interstate that had white pin stripes down the side.

I personally did not like the look at all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
PINSTRIPES??? They might as well have put fuzzy dice and gold wire spoke wheels on it.I hope that I am not the only one that thinks the clean lines should be left alone. This is and always will be a classic.
Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yup.....don't know why some folks mess with such a beautiful vehicle. Just leave it and enjoy it.....don't add crap to it.

Paul G.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stripes were the dealer add-on tape kind. I saw no other mods. I'm sure they were on it when the guy bought it. I guess some, old school, dealers can't get away from with putting them on everything they sell and charging $200 for what cost them basically nothing.

I recall looking at a van for the wife. Dealer had added stripes and charged $199. One was already peeling off. Told the salesman to take them off and cut the $199 off the price. He came back and said "can't do it". Needless to say, they lost a sale.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
when BullittBill and I went to the dealer to order our Bullitt back in January, we were kindof thinking about getting the GT Sports Pkg on the Bullitt. (Black stripes down the hood and I think on the rocker panel). Then we got to thinking about the authenticity of the Bullitt and just wanted to leave it like it comes.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm trying to imagine what that would look like, the stripes on the hood. It'd be kind of hard to see with DHG. I'm happy with the way the car is.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stripes were the thin type that run along the belt-line just like one might find on a Buick Skylark or a Crown Vic. Not Mustang specific at all. They looked really cheesy and I can assure you that it was a Bullitt. DHG Paint, no spoiler, red calipers.

If the guy had not been going the opposite direction, I would have tried to talk to him.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-09 15:55, crs2879 wrote:
The stripes were the thin type that run along the belt-line just like one might find on a Buick Skylark or a Crown Vic. Not Mustang specific at all. They looked really cheesy and I can assure you that it was a Bullitt. DHG Paint, no spoiler, red calipers.

If the guy had not been going the opposite direction, I would have tried to talk to him.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Be Verrrry Careful what you say about a buick Skylark!!! :-B

I have a pic of a bullitt driving on the highway with light green pin strips. Anyone interested in seeing it????

·
Registered
451 Posts
I am!

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-09 21:53, DHG-1934 wrote:
I am!

I'll dig it out and scan it soon.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bullitt 1082, I was not dogging Buick Skylarks. Just noting that the stripes on the Bullitt I saw are more common, and appropriate, in my opinion, for that type of car. You also have to admit that the current Skylark is no comparison to your classics.

·
Registered
208 Posts
BLK#3298, can you post some pictures of your pin striped BULLITT before taking them off. I think we would all like to see them, to see what a black BULLITT would look like with silver pin stripes.

1,169 Posts
On 2001-10-10 08:37, crs2879 wrote:
Bullitt 1082, I was not dogging Buick Skylarks. Just noting that the stripes on the Bullitt I saw are more common, and appropriate, in my opinion, for that type of car. You also have to admit that the current Skylark is no comparison to your classics.
I know you were'nt dogging a Skylark, I was just having fun with you.
It's not like you got my car number wrong or anything like that!!!!!! :-B (1082????)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do you expect from a middle-aged car nut. Can't remember my own number half the time.

BTW, post a pic of your Skylarks some time. That was a great year. Or was it years? Here we go again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well my DHG0327 came with gold pinstripe from the dealership :sad: About a month ago someone backed into my car and the bodyshop tried to remove the pinstripes (I requested it) but told me they tried and would have left noticable marks on the paint. So they repainted the rear fender an replaced the pinstriping. Does anyone know how to remove the pinstripeng so no one knows it was ever there ? I would like it gone

1,169 Posts
On 2001-10-10 18:21, crs2879 wrote:
What do you expect from a middle-aged car nut. Can't remember my own number half the time.

BTW, post a pic of your Skylarks some time. That was a great year. Or was it years? Here we go again.

Here's a link http://wesley.giftwaregalore.com/ag-gallery/gallery2/buick/000030.shtml the car is in the middle of a frame off. You know when i get it back, it will have Nitto's and 430 gears!!

1,169 Posts
On 2001-10-09 23:10, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:
On 2001-10-09 21:53, DHG-1934 wrote:
I am!

I'll dig it out and scan it soon.

Here's the Bullitt I was taking about. I'm not posting it to "rag" on the Bullitt. I liked the Bullitt or i would'nt have wasted my film.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts