Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that this is not an issue for my Bullitt, but I figured that somebody here might be able to help. I have a '98 Expedition and I recently put on a 3 chamber flowmaster exhaust and a K&N airfilter. Lately the weather has been colder and it has started to ping horribly. Even if the vehicle is warm, if the air is cold, it pings. One particulary cold morning I noticed that it pinged on almost every acceleration, but later in the day as it got warmer the pinging stopped. That night when I drove it home it was pinging again. What do I do? I took it to a dealer and they ran diagnostics, but to no avail. Any help?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did it do this last winter? If it just started pinging after the flowmaster and K&N, run a higher octane gas and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I would put a timing light on it, either somehow it is getting advanced or poor maybe a poor spark.

Firing order,Timing, plugs, plug wires,
coil, fuel, fuel filter.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'01 Hoofbeat: I don't know. I just bought it about 4 months ago.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I finally broke down and put premium in it and is stopped pinging. Kinda sucks though, 15 miles per gallon and still wants the expensive stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts