Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yahoo! Bullette placed first in her class today at our local Mustang show. I guess hubby's polishing for 9 days prior paid off! There were a lot of swirl marks on the surface from the factory and/or dealer buffing. It took a long time to rub them out. Lots and lots of people came over to look at her and was eager to hear all the info on the Bullitt. I had the dealer brochure under the wiper blade so people could look at it or see the picture of the 68 and the 2001 on the front cover. I didn't take my die cast model. Was afraid hubby would forget about it and close the hood every time it started to rain today! We beat out a black Cobra vert and a 98 V6. When I went up to pick up my trophy everyone clapped REAL LOUD! :eek: I think they were happy for me and Bill! Oh what a night! This was the very first time we ever entered a car in a show. We will get the 69 in shape this winter and see what she will do next summer!

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-07-29 01:54 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
PICS! We need pics of the trophy or when you got the award! :smile: That would be cool!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Great job, 2SW - That's alot of hard work. We're so happy to hear that you're giving your Bullitt the status it deserves. Keep it up! and Congrats!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What pics?! It was dark by the time they tallied the votes for crying out loud! Bill made me go up to the fron to accept the trophy. I was one PROUD woman that's for sure!

Vicki

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
How 'bout a pic of the trophy? Better yet, get a bunch of trophys and then take a pic of them with the car. :smile:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a great big trophy. It's just a little wooden hand made trophy made up by the club. What makes us proud is that we beat out a 98 Black Cobra convertible! It's just our FIRST trophy and means a lot. There will be MORE and bigger ones in the future I am sure! :wink:

Vicki

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congrats Vicki. I wasn't able to make it over since I had to work Saturday (that plus a Peter Gabriel concert). Maybe it is a good thing though, since I haven't had a chance to polish my car for nine straight days. I would have had to finish a distant second. :wink:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IslandBoy: You should watch for local Mustang Shows if you have them in or around your town! It is real fun, and everyone enjoys looking at the Bullitt! They have grins on their faces as they walk around it and are anxious to hear EVERYTHING you have to say about it too! After all, it is not that much work right now to get her ready for a show as they are still pretty clean! (Easy for me to say as my hubby did all the detailing! :lol:

Vicki

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
With my Bullitt 220 I have won 2 first place trophies at our Mustang club shows and 1 third place trophy at an all car show so far this summer.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats bullitt220! It's a great feeling to have people drool over your car, (well, not literally). A few people said they were envious of us owning one.

It rained 3 times while we were at the show and had to wipe her down each time. I am glad we brought enough 100% cotton towels. (only type to use I heard).

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
And, congrats to you also. I meant to send my congratulations in the last message but it was my first time on this or any other forum so I'll apologise for sounding so self centered.

Keep going to the shows and keep winning with the coolest Mustang ever!!!!

B220

1 - 14 of 14 Posts