Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be great to try and put together a central meeting place for a huge BullittClub Bash! Maybe Rt.66 Dragway,in Ill. or Bristol Dragway? A weekend show and go type deal? Or in Carlisle Pa.,during their Ford show? Or Bowling Green Ky. at that track?

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
If you guys are serious....please make sure
you plan this WAY in advance to give us time
to make arrangements.
you know...talk the hubby into watching the children, convince the boss you need to make a trip across the country in your new Bullitt, and save the $$ it'll take for gas and lodging.

Bowling Green, KY sounds good to me!
My best friend from high school lives there.
Or I suppose IL...more than half my family lives in Chicago.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds real good,let me know when.
Would it be great to have 800 Bullitts
in one place.
Kind-a-like a sporting goods store,
a lot of bullitts........

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
we brought this up once before,....there IS a Bullitt County in Kentucky and they have several Motels along the interstate!!
do a "search" for Bullitt county on one of the search engines and then check out their visitors/chamber of commerce stuff!
it needs to happen in 2002 if possible. would Ford, Team Mustang, and/or Ford Racing have any interest?? it could be set up similar to Fun Ford Weekend or NMRA event!(just not all centered around racing!!)sponsors could help out to if interested!
as far as tracks go, we need to have one close by!
whiskey is right though,...this will take a WHOLE LOT of time, effort, and coordination on someone's part!!! it will NOT be easy!!

1,169 Posts
I'm with you Mus408, But we need to start an official club 1st.
Also if and when we have a annual meet it has to be ALL bullitt only. I don't want the track used up by other Mustangs.
That's the only reason I'm not a member of any Mustang club.Too many cars running.
I've been going to Bowling Green for years the track conditions are TERRIBLE. But the track and town can handle a big gathering.
Bristol on the other hand is a top notch track as long as we can run the 1/4 not the 1/8.
This would be a tough one.... we have Bullitts all over the USA.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I think we should have it in Maryland so we can run at Cecil County :grin: I'm sure this makes no sense, but it, supposedly, is one of the fastest tracks in the country.

Orlando would be good for me too :grin:

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Plan now and book early!!! I'm in!
Wow...The First Annual Bullitt Club Beer Bash Convention and Hot Tub Party a reality???
That would be a sight to see.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was just a feeler to see how much interest there is. What do you think Webmaster? It will be a large undertaking,that would need the help of many.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm game. I say Tulsa. It is in the center of the US, has a drag strip, road coarse, and rt 66. Not to mention it is down the street.

If that is of interest I am willing to help set up arangements for track time (strip or road coarse), hotels, and gathering spots.

·
Registered
509 Posts
A national meet sounds great to me. Central US would be the most reasonable area to meet. Just think of it......cruising down the interstate at 2200 rpm popping tylonal from the sweet sound of the fantastic exhaust system. The only down side is (urrrgggg) cleaning the damn bugs off the car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
OKAY, SO EVERYBODY WANTS IT IN THERE HOME STATE, SO LETS HAVE IT IN WASHINGTON AND I DON'T MEAN DC

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tulsa? I'm there dudes. It really is a great place to meet! The Shelby Club meet was awesome!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I vote for Indianapolis in May. Centrally located. Perhaps a big picnic at the track on the 1st day of qualifications. Maybe IMS will even let us drive around the track once. They let a bunch of Vipers drive around a few years ago. Of course they also kicked them off the track when they started doing burn outs and racing each other. Just my 2 cents. :-B

·
Banned
975 Posts
I am willing to drive any where in North America to meet the greatest group of people on the Internet. I have already booked for the five MCA National Meets in 2002.
Pensacola,Fl. March 21-24
Atlanta,Ga. May 24-26
Fairfax,Va. June 27-30
Youngstown,Oh. July 12-14
Charlotte,NC. Aug 29-Sept 1 ( Grand National)

I would like to meet fellow Bullitt Owners in my Travels. So please add your City-State in the Registry.

:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-11-07 16:52 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 65 Posts