Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What to use to keep the rubber on the door against the window and the cowl plastic looking good.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I tried Mothers Back to Black on the cowl and the rubber. Left greasy residue and it soon faded. When it did the fade looked much worse than when I started.

I used just plain old Armorall two washes ago. I knew it would look good for a while but didn't figure it would last. I haven't touched it since then. Lots of rain and another wash and it still looks good. I am surprised.

·
Registered
319 Posts
New liquid Ice worked on my 07 and I did the first coat on the Bullitt, you can hit everything, it takes about two good washes then respray...its a breeze.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the ideas.

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PY said:
What about BOUNCE?
Now that is a good one, :smile: never tried it, but I am sure it will not serve my purpose this time. I may cut some bounce sheets in small pieces and use it as mouth wash.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I tried Mothers Back to Black on the cowl and the rubber. Left greasy residue and it soon faded. When it did the fade looked much worse than when I started.

Try Mothers Protectant works much better.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
You know, I use the Back to Black and have no trouble at all. It says to buff off after application, hence your greasy residue. I think if you wipe (buff) it off, it would do what you want it to...

Used as directed, I love Mother's B2B.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
gotta say, if they are really weather/sun worn, go ahead and replace them, after six years of wear and tear, they are only 20-25 each (for the big ones along the door on each side at least, not sure of little ones along c-piller window)

worth it to renew the rubber after that long, just did mine, very happy with my 50 dollar investment in her appearance!

shaun

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yeah, but now i'm not desparately trying to keep six years of sun and weather damage at bay and looking good...

i had another reason to do it anyway, got stupid and bent the corner of the door into the window while trying to back up six inches in the garage, had to have some paint/body work done and replace the driver rubber, so went ahead and did passenger to match...

but i'm glad i did now, it looks so much better!

shaun

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine look like new, this car has not been in the weather very much for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts