Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about the plastic where the gauges are, I have that kind of cleaner already, but rather...the door panels and also the area around stereo and temp knobs, cup holders, etc. I had been wiping them with just a damp cloth, but is there something better to maybe clean AND preserve them? Also, what about the padded dash, behind the steering wheel and beyond to windshield? Is there a good cleaner that will preserve this, protect it from fading and clean it as well?

Thanks for any input!
Dona

·
Registered
158 Posts
On my car I use the Armorall cleaner wipes
followed by the protectant wipes and it really shines. Also loved your puppy pics.
Trying to get pic of my car on as signature but having trouble,and I don't have much time
at home to mess with it,most of my net time
is at work and don't have resources to upload
like I do at home.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and suggestions!!!! Hey, does that leave a greasy feeling, those wipes? I was just wondering since it was Armorall product.

Thanks for your reply!
Dona

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not that I've noticed,I wipe the protectant off with a soft cloth when I'm done. The only drawback I've found is the wipes get moldy right where they are bunched up where you pull them out. The ones I had were in a
container that's like baby wipe dispenser.
The reason I like the wipes is because as you know when you spray on Armorall it tends
to go on the windows and places you don't want it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I think they sound like an easy solution to my problem of dirt on the door panels, etc., I'll give them a try! I'll remember I need to wipe the protectant with a cloth afterwards! I like the idea of not spraying the stuff where you don't want it...it's a bugger to get off windows and glass!

Thanks again!
Dona

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have heard that Armorall protectant is not good for the dash - that it causes damage over time. Auto stores where I live do not carry it much anymore - only a couple of bottles.

Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have Plexus, for the instrument panel area...but I was asking about the door panels, dash, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Vynlex, by Lexol is an excellent product. I have been using it for five years or so. Not as 'Greasy' as the less expensive Armoral type products, and it is actually a cleaner and a mid-gloss protectant. Also has UV stopping characteristics that help abate fade-out. I've tryed just about all of them out there in the past thirty years, and the Lexol Vynlex is the best product at it's price point, in my opinion.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks TinPony!!

Congrats on your "title" as well!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey Dona, Plexus is not just for the instrument panel, it is for any plastic, clear or painted. I use it on every part of my interior that is not leather, and it does an awesome job on all of it. :smile:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also use Vynlex by Lexol. I sprayed some on a soft cloth and wiped the upper part of the dashboard and didn't realize how dirty the dashboard was until I saw the half that I cleaned. Excellent product for cleaning and protecting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I believe there is only one of these types of cleaners offically approved for use by Ford Motor Company. Think it's called Black Magic or Back to Black or something.

ArmorAll is not approved and may cause damage over time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts