Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 1k miles on my Bullitt, and from day one the drivers seat rocks forward to back and back to forward depending if you are accelerating or braking. Nevertheless it is very annoying. The rocking does not occur side to side only front to back, and the range of motion is 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.
My dealer will be looking at this as soon as I can get it into the shop. Meanwhile I am looking at the tracks/rails the seat ride on see if I can pinpoint the problem and save them some time.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have the same condition {power seat} and it drives me crazy! I have checked the mounting
bolts and they are tight. Interested in what the dealer does to correct condition.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Funny, I never noticed this in my car until today. Maybe because I read your post before driving today. Mine moves fore and aft 1/4-1/2" when accel or decel. Maybe it's a design flaw? Let me know what your dealer says.
I have to take my car to the shop Monday to fix the driver side window. At the same time I'll get the driver side door aligned a bit better and ask about the fore-aft movement.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I noticed this in mine too. Feels like the gears on the power seat aren't engaging flush. Like there's some play in there.

The power driver seat on my 95 GT NEVER did anything like this, so I'd like to know what's wrong too. Let us know what the dealer finds.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
While my car was at the dealer the last three days getting the drivers side window motor replaced and the cold noise looked into, I had them investigate the seat fore-aft play.
Oddly enough, after careful inspection the mechanic said he thinks the play is coming from the scissors that the seat is mounted on for UP and DOWN movement. He could not offer a fix at this time but the supervisor informed Ford and they told me to look for a "fix" in the future.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Sounds like my problem I still have. After two dealerships looked at it, one said this. "It's ok to have movement like that, side to side." The other dealership said they couldn't find anything. Here we go again...

Wouldn't it bother you if your seat slides left and right when you make a turn or slides forward when you brake?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I noticed the same rocking motion in my seat also. I guess I'll just add it to the list of things for the dealer to check next week when it goes in for it's first oil change.

I like your sig LOS, Robotech is awesome.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally stopped in at the dealer that sold me #5103 to discuss the issue about my seat rocking front to back. I told the service manager of the problem and that I had narrowed it down to the scissor mechanism that moves the seat vertically up and down. (Thanks Dennis for you had posted earlier that this might be the problem area). I ran the seat all the way up vertically to its stop and no play, then down all the way to its stop with no play. Once I moved the seat down or up just a fraction (maybe 1/4") the play is there up to 1/2" of travel, front to back. I made adjustments to the seat with the other adjusters with none able to correct even temporarily the problem. The owner of the dealership was helping out as well and suggested they just order a new part if I felt confident I had isolated the problem. I told both that I would like them to check with Ford since they may have a solution/fix for this probelm. I want to get this fixed right the first time and will wait to see what they find our from Ford. Will post as soon as I hear from my dealer, which BTW has been great, Crowe Modie Ford in Burlington, Ks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have not noticed the movment front to back but do feel some side to side in turns.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dropped by my local Ford dealer for he has a DHG Bullitt on the showroom floor. The purpose of my visit was to see if the car had play in the seat like mine. The car had no play and the sales staff seemed surprised that my seat had so much play in it, all commented that this was not normal.

I then called the dealer that sold me the car and spoke at length with the sales manager, whom had done some work looking to Ford for an answer. Ford told him that the same seat mechanism (all seat functions are in a removable unit)has been in use since 1999 on Mustangs and no pattern of failure has been reported and no special service bulletins have been issued for the seat problem. Thus, my dealer is ordering a new complete mechanism for the car. Will report when the repair work has been completed, and what caused the problem.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
BLT5103

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your next post to see if the new seat mechanism worked. :smile:

Black Bullitt #4995
Born: 08/11/01
Home: 08/28/01
Mods:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4995 on 2001-12-10 06:44 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
ROFLMHO Karl! I was thinking the same thing about the "play" in the front seat! I was thinking there wasn't much room there to "play" in and the "rocking back and forth" action going on! :lol:

BTW My #344 has no "play" in the front seat at all. (Maybe in the R, tho, in the back seat area as there is no back seat!!

Vicki :smile:

·
Registered
229 Posts
You can "play" if your girl is still in the passenger seat, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately this doesn't really work if the driver is a woman. Sorry Bulittladies, you need to get a room. :smile:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I had side to side play in my seat early on, and took it in...they replaced the whole seat mechanism....seems fine now

Dark Highland Green BULLITT #805
Mods: Just cosmetic and function so far- ATS Sequential tailights, CDC Remote fueldoor, CDC Quad fog lights, MGW A/C knobs, E-brake, headlight switch, and Bullitt shifter knob. Bullit license plate frame...Back Order..:sad:
H&R 30mm wheel spacers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkJedi67 on 2002-02-15 03:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had my seat mechanism/track replaced last week. Service rep thought it was normal, he called a mechanic over and asked him about it. Mech said to replace it, he did on his own Mustang.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hmm, never saw this post before. I just noticed this front to back "play" last week when I had to get down hard on the brakes. It slid forward like you said. Will have to add this to the list. Still love my car, though!!

Greg

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Anyone got the part number for this seat track replacement?

Thanks - Greg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts