Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get mad and toss me into another old thread. I know this has been covered a thousand times, but shame on me for not reading them before. Anyhow here it is. I have just one shot at this, and I really need some help from you guys. I'm taking my car to a friend for some gears. He says these modular engines love to rev and therefore recommends 4:10's I really don't do much highway driving, and would love to take a half second off my ET with a gear change. I've been hearing the 3:73's are a better choice though. Is there a big difference between the two? How about it Bullitt club. I trust you. Advice? By the way, what is in that rear end right now? 2:73? Pardon my ignorance. Thanks guys and gals

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
In my humble opinion,

the 3.73s would be a much better choice of the two if you plan on doing a lot of freeway.

Remember, the Bullitt engine has a much lower torque curve than a regular GT, so it will run through the gears plenty fast with 3.73s.

I think gas mileage would really suffer with 4.10s

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have 4.10's. Lots of fun. It takes a bit to get used to. The new gears keep you busy. But I have no regrets.
Throws you back in your seat in every gear noticeably harder than stock gears. I don't do much highway driving but I really like the way the new gears woke up 5th, makes it a much easier and lots more fun to "pick em off" and get around people. I haven't checked my highway mileage but I am getting around 17 mph in the city. Pretty close to what I was getting with the stock gears.
The car seems more fun now. It is harder to keep my foot out of it.

1,169 Posts
The original gears are 3:27 there is a very good post about gears.I'll try to find it and post a link.I'm sure it will help you make a decision.

·
Registered
543 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts