Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My father who has since passed bought a new black 2001 Bullitt in Houston, TX and it was his favorite car. He had the dealer install a Webasto sunroof, an aftermarket black spoiler that kind of looked like a GT spoiler but the sides weren't flush like a GT's, and a (albeit tacky) aluminum interior trim kit. Unfortunately my family had some hard times (I was in high school at the time) and had to sell a few years after he bought it. He also had a white 2002 GT convertible and a 2003 yellow Mach 1.

I'm now in a place where I'd like to track down the car, especially now that he is no longer with us and this car in particular meant so much to him. Any help is much appreciated, there can't be too many 2001 Bullitt Mustangs sold new in TX with a spoiler and sunroof!

Many Thanks,

-Tom

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
do you have any other information on the car like the number of the car, was he a member on here and if so, what was his screen name.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe so, his name was Joseph (Joe) Hale and it was under my mother's name, Elizabeth Hale. It was purchased maybe through Autonation Ford in Houston. There is a thread here mentioning car 3688, also a black with sunroof and they say VIN number 1FAFP42X51F243735. I wonder if that could be it?

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
there are two screen names associated with that bullitt number: benji's bullitt and nightstalker. I thought there used to be a list by member name, but again I can't find it. thought then we might find some posts and thus more to identify the car to see if that is it or not.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,482 Posts
Dad’s bullitt

Hi there,

My father who has since passed bought a new black 2001 Bullitt in Houston, TX and it was his favorite car. He had the dealer install a Webasto sunroof, an aftermarket black spoiler that kind of looked like a GT spoiler but the sides weren't flush like a GT's, and a (albeit tacky) aluminum interior trim kit. Unfortunately my family had some hard times (I was in high school at the time) and had to sell a few years after he bought it. He also had a white 2002 GT convertible and a 2003 yellow Mach 1.

I'm now in a place where I'd like to track down the car, especially now that he is no longer with us and this car in particular meant so much to him. Any help is much appreciated, there can't be too many 2001 Bullitt Mustangs sold new in TX with a spoiler and sunroof!

Many Thanks,

-TomTom, the owner of a black bullitt with a sunroof is nightstalker. He lives in Mississippi. He bought it in 2005. He made no posts. We would need the vin number of your dad’s car or his username if he joined up at IMBOC back then. I am IMing you his email address to see if he can help you. I will continue searching and let you know if I come up with some more info.

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

Tom, the owner of a black bullitt with a sunroof is member nightstalker. He has made no posts. He joined up here in 2005. He lives in Mississippi. I have an email I will instant message you.

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
now we wait to see if that is the car..........tick tock, tick tock....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,482 Posts
Tom, the only black Bullitt with a sun roof that was registered here was #3688 in December of 2002, who was Benji's Bullitt. Then nightstalker. I sent you his e-mail addy.

Here is Benji's Bullitt's e-mail:

[email protected] Who knows though, if he has the same address as that was 16 years ago. :|

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
per the original post, if the car was new when he bought it, he sold it a few years after he bought it, then one would have to assume that his dad was not Benji's Bullitt since it was registered in 2002. if that would not have been his screen name, then 3688 is not the car. could be, but back then, he probably would have found this site earlier and registered earlier and benji is not a name you have said that is associated with your family.

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
if you have a friend at a ford dealer, give him the vin and see what he finds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@serphent, you are right now that you point that out. He definitely had the car through at least 2003, hmmm, still looking

·
Premium Member
15,310 Posts
Maybe a private eye could help? Yeah, sounds silly, but these guys have ways of tracking paper trails we don't...

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
that's not a real Bullitt I don't think.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Looks to be the real McCoy, but wow what happened to it?...that poor car needed a good friend a long time ago!

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
not sure, wheels are wrong, side scoops wrong, and no motor pics to look at.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I see Bullitt specifics below :nerd2:

C-pillars
Rocker panels
Front brake calipers
Gauge faces
Shift knob
Pedals
Seats
Door sill
Hologram under rear seat.

Anything I missed?

Engine shot would have been great if it still has the original intake or for that part...engine.

Someone didn't know what they had or didn't care :frown2:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,482 Posts
So you think he used a serial # pic from somewhere else and pasted it to his description on his ad? Are the exhaust tips rolled as in a Bullitt's? Can't tell...

The bezel around the shifter is Bullitt correct.

He's got the correct red calipers as in a Bullitt...

He has the Bullitt gas cap...

He has the mud flaps!

I believe it is a real Bullitt in disguise myself. :)

The mirrors are painted. Some members here have had their mirrors painted also. He probably got new side scoops to his liking also.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
If it's a true Bullitt and someone made all of those changes...then I scream crying shame! If someone switched all of the Bullitt specifics and added them to this car...I say it didn't help the car any.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,482 Posts
If he was proud to have a Bullitt, then why didn't he keep the Bullitt badging on the rear, I ask. Could go either way I'm thinkin'.

Someone should ask him to show/send engine pics. That would be the real truth right there!

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
vin would be the definitive way to id. almost everything else you could buy. there are several gauge clusters on e-bay right now. pedals...easy, gas cap, easy, rockers...expensive but could have been done several years ago cheaper. c pillars...easy. brakes, easy. seats, TMI. so all I am saying is someone could pretty easily clone one if they wanted to. would be surprising of all the things, that he would have the wheels he has and no Bullitt or GT badging on the car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts