Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a 2001 Black Bullitt w/ 850 miles. It's for sale @ a dealer, and they are asking $22,900. I've got two questions:
1) What do you think the car is worth
2) How can I guarantee it's authenticity

·
Registered
533 Posts
1) Offer 17% less of asking and work from there
2) On drivers side shock tower under the hood is the Bullitt ID number. Looks like a hologram

·
Registered
448 Posts
If it is authentic, that is a great price. Even with X-plan pricing, mine was $25,115, and I hit 850 miles in less than a week. I think the only sure-fire way to tell is to look for the hologram on the driver's side shock tower. That hologram says Bullitt and the limited edition number, and it is the only Bullitt piece that I haven't seen on Ebay! Good luck, and I hope to see you here after your purchase. :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Average wholesale is 22050 and clean wholesale is 22950.I think the price is great.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It is not a great price. I'm in Canada and paid the equivalent of 21,750 US new. As unique as these cars are, they are still just cars to a dealer and their job is to move stock. As long as there is some on the market, you have the power to deal. It is when they are gone when the price becomes inflatable. Just MHO

·
Registered
153 Posts
Whiskeycreek you got a fantastic price for your Bullitt. You must be a great negotiator.

I think the price for the used Bullitt is a good one. I would obviously try to deal, but if the dealer won't budge I would buy it anyway. But I'm also a big sucker for this car so take what I say with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow, Whiskeycreek, I think I need you to go with me to get my next car if you got it for the equivalent of $21,750! My X-plan price was 4% above Ford employee A-plan pricing, which would be about $24,111. Retail here is over $27,000, and I know I couldn't have gotten better than the X-plan price. My dealer usually sells Fords for 3% over invoice, which would have been about $2,000 more than I paid. I guess I should work on my negioating skills! :smile:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Or maybe my spelling skills! LOL

·
Registered
448 Posts
X-plan is a special pricing plan that Ford offers to certain companies who then offer it as one of the employee benefits. It is 4% over Ford employee pricing. My company offers it to us, but I have heard that someone with X-plan can get a car for someone else. You can only get two a year on the X-plan, though. :smile:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Awesome! Post the number when you get back, and welcome to the club. :smile:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I also got my Bullitt in British Columbia like Whiskeycreek, and I paid equivelent of $22,100 US with the clearcoat and everything.
I didn't do much negotiating, either. I've noticed that compared to here in L.A. (i'm here for school) the mustangs are a lot more pricey.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got my Bullitt. $21,800 w/ only 850 miles.
I'm stoked. It's a bit weird having a Ford though, as you might be able to guess from my username, I used to be a Chevy guy. No more Fix Or Repair Daily jokes from me!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Congratulations. Welcome to Bullitt ownership. Post your number and where you're from.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Excellent, welcome to the club! :smile:

·
Registered
243 Posts
In the engine compartment, on the driver's side strut tower you should see an oval shaped decal with your number on it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts