Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Gang,

I Need Advise, When i do a burn out i start in front of the water i spin the tires in 1st gear to about the prestaging light.

Here's where
i need advise, i have a line lock.When i do a burn out should i run it to about red line and then shift to 2nd also will i need to shift to 3rd? I have Nitto DG i don't need to do a big burn out, but i would like to do the biggest burn out i can to heat up the Nitto's.

Thanks in advance!

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 DHG
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-10-02 20:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
467 Posts
Just a suggestion Have you tried feathering the gas to keep it spinning in first. When I light my car up with my left foot on the brake after I dump the clutch I feather the gas in first and I get really great smoke. But I have only the street tires. Has the kind of the effect line lock gives you.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjrocks on 2001-10-02 21:11 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JJ I know what you mean, but i would like to do the biggest burnout i can with the line lock,with burning up my clutch. :-B

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on gang.... I'm going back to the track tomorrow night i don't want to burn up my clutch. :-B

Advise Advise.....

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I would get the tires spinning in first,then go directly to second gear and spin for about 7-10 seconds,no need to blow them off. With my 85 LX,I get them started in first and shift right to high gear,3rd in automatic.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-03 22:29, Mus408 wrote:
I would get the tires spinning in first,then go directly to second gear and spin for about 7-10 seconds,no need to blow them off. With my 85 LX,I get them started in first and shift right to high gear,3rd in automatic.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, The more i think about it,I guess I will need to keep my RPM's down so I don't heat the engine to much.

Bonds is chasing 70 and i'm chasing 13's... :-B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts