Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that some people feel it necessary to come over and put there hands ALL OVER the car when looking at it?

I went bowling with some friends the other night. As I was leaving the bowling alley, a guy and 4 girls walked out in front of me, and headed to there car(which happened to be in the same direction as mine)

The guy sees my car, and starts running his mouth:

"That guy was too cheap to pay for a spoiler"
"I can't believe he put GT badges on the side of it"
"It's not a real GT, it doesn't have fog lights"

On and on he goes...I'm just letting him run his mouth(because he wasn't saying it to me, he was trying to impress the girls he was with)...

Well he walks over, and puts his hands all over the car, looking at the wheels, and the trying to look inside the car.

I walked up..."I don't care if you look man, but do it with your eyes, not your hands"

He says "What's the big deal, you've got a cheap V6, with a few GT body parts on it"

I said "I've got about 10 seconds to spare, tell me everything you know about mustangs..."

He says "Dude...I know enough to know this isn't a real GT"

As I'm getting into the car I said "Yeah, this is not a real GT...Like you wish you WEREN'T ugly"

His girlfriends started busting out laughing at this point, so he kinda got upset and walked away...I started my car, sat there for a minute or two, and was getting ready to pull away, when I saw him driveby in a MINI-VAN!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-23 00:46 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Unbelievably stupid idiot!
The kind that shouldn't even open their mouth...but they always do, don't they?!
:roll:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Dude, you could have had way more fun:

You: Yeah it *was* a V6, but check out this sound (start your motor. Rev it up). Not only did I mod this car with fake badges, but I welded on some extra cylinders and even dropped in two more pistons. I had a hard time locating a crank extender, but I found one in good shape used on ebay for $10.

Dude: (probably mumbles something back to you), or calls you a liar.

You: (pop the hood). Check it out. Count the spark plug wires. I did all these mods in my garage, using a soldering iron and a diamond tipped hacksaw blade with lots of JB Weld. Pretty cool sound, eh? Runs pretty good too. Got your pink slip handy? (smile, get in your car, smoke 'em and leave).

Man I would have had fun with this guy!
Bummer he touched your car though.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I would have asked him what he was driving, The girls would have started laughing at that point. OH a mini Van, what you could not even splurge on a full size :roll: been oh you wanna race :lol: I would have gone on him till he cried

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would have bet him some money, popped the hood and counted spark plugs.

He should not have touched the car.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Did you forget to mention the custom paint job that you had done just to get it green?

·
Registered
199 Posts
You guys are making a pretty big assumption:

He can find the spark plugs!

I've had similar things happen to me, I don't even bother talking to them.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Were the two girls he was with good looking? If so, you had a golden opportunity to get his girls by showing off your Bullitt!

·
Registered
111 Posts
btw i just hope that u guys know that the bullitt or any 99 up mustang has NO FREAKING SPARK PLUG WIRES its a coil on plug ignition, no wires, so if u asked him to look for him, and he knew his sh*t(doubtfull) u woulda looked like a retard

·
Premium Member
18,833 Posts
bswanson, that is a hilarious story!
Except for the part about him touching
your Bullitt. I hate that too...I make
it a point never to touch someone elses
car unless given permission...but then
again there really is no reason to touch,
eyeballs are all you need.

I am going back to read your story since
it made me laugh so hard the first time.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
what an a$$hole!
I haven't realy had anyone touch mine, except the third day I had it at school and someone keyed it. If I find them, they're getting a aluminum bat to the side of their skull.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Regarding spark plug wires: they are there, they're just really short and thin (distributerless coil-on-plug), and it's hard to tell the difference between them and the injectors (if I'm looking at my Bullitt's engine correctly...the computer doesn't fire the plugs telepathically, nor through quantum teleportation). So, you could even tell the "admirer" that you really have a V16! (or dual injectors and NO sparkplugs: it's a DIESEL :wink: ) They might come back and say, "No, you've got two spark plugs per cylinder" to which you reply. "Yeah, that's it. Find your pink slip yet?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrivingSimulators on 2002-01-12 21:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
147 Posts
Similar thing happened to me not long ago. Man and his son walking towards their Mitsubishi Eclipse "Spyder." I know, wife must have had his car that day. Anyhow, son asks what kind of Mustang that was, Dad replies, "Don't ask son, it just a V6 with Badges and a dual exhaust job to make the owner feel better." Needless to say, I waited for the "Oh so knowledgeable Pops" to leave, I followed him, pulled ahead and stopped at the stop light, kid points at the car, light turns green, traction control off and smoked 'em in his face for all of 1st , 2nd and hard pull away on 3rd!...........

Dad talks Sh#t.....His son's respect
Kid sees car and points.....Dad's scared
I fry tires and leave 'em in smoke...........
PRICELESS!!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
Great stories. About the topic story, you did the right thing. Pointless talking to a guy driving his Moms minivan trying to impress girls by trashing others cars. Guys like that should be slapped for touching others cars. Then again, sh*t splatters. The story above, I wonder if the dad is still wondering where Ford is getting the power from for there V6 mustangs. LoL!

·
Registered
16 Posts
lol thats funny... the thing i find funny is that i went to kragen to other day and my friend (who has a 84' Z28) wne to go buy a few things including a K&N air filter and some tire shine... he went to ask the guy at the parts section if they had a filter for his car and he said yeah... he was telling him all about how wonderful the k&n is and how it made his 5.0 perform better... so i say "do u guys have the filter for a 2001 GT Bullitt... and hes all "bullit, whats a bullitt"... now i find it ludacris that a fellow mustang owner/driver has no clue what a bullitt is, especially one that works at the parts section in kragen...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Man oh man,

What a great story! I've had people not know what my car is exactly, but they never have denied the fact that it's a high end street machine. Great comeback by the way! I would have stood there arguing with the idiot until justice had been served, but I guess that wouldn't have helped anyways, seeing as how he was obviously just jealous (and who wouldn't be driving a mini-van).

Oh, and you know he's full of it when he equates a car's performance with whether or not it has a spoiler.

Mike

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-21 16:54, True05479Bullitt wrote:
Now I find it ludacris that a fellow Mustang owner/driver has no clue what a Bullitt is, especially one that works at the parts section in Kragen...
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahhh yes, the brilliant Kragen clerk. He's only one step up from a 7-11 clerk and he doesn't even have to run a Slurpee machine. :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts