Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the plugs and plug wires changed on my 98GT at our Lincoln Mercury dealer in town (probably a mistake). When I went to pick it up the mechanic said the replacement wires were a little longer than the orginals and I noticed this and it concerned me since I show the car and I want everything orginal. The car runs great so I can't complain about that. The wires were $166 which seemed outrageous to me. I checked the price of plug wires at the Ford dealer in town and they said $104. Seems like a lot of difference to me, especially since the ones I paid $166 seem to be too long. They say Motor Craft on them and 8mm. It is my intent to take this up with the service manager. Any advice?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
166 plus labor? If you're not happy, make them do it over. Point out that it just doesn't look right. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went back to the dealer today to discuss the cost of the wires and the fact that they were a little long and that the extra length concerned me because I show the car. They did a double check on the wires to make sure correct ones were ordered and they said they were correct and that Ford replacement wires were always a little long. They did some adjusting of the wires and I guess they look okay now. I did point out to the service manager that around plug 4 (not sure that number is correct but I am referring to back passenger side plug) the mechanic had dinged the valve cover a little and I was wondering if a little touch up paint and clear coat could be applied. He said he was willing to replace the valve cover if I wished and I said I need to thing about it as I know replaceing a valve cover is not easy and some other types of scratches, etc. could occur. I am thinking that for now I will just use a little touch up paint and clear coat since I am really only talking about a couple of small nicks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts